1.    #1  
    Hey,

I have an unlocked pre 2 running on bell perfectly right now. I'm travelling to England tonight and was thinking about picking up a prepaid SIM card to use over there.

Would swapping SIM cards cause my palm profile to lock out, or my phone to go through secure erase?

Does anyone have experience with this?
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Hey,

I have an unlocked pre 2 running on bell perfectly right now. I'm travelling to England tonight and was thinking about picking up a prepaid SIM card to use over there.

Would swapping SIM cards cause my palm profile to lock out, or my phone to go through secure erase?

Does anyone have experience with this?
    My guess is your profile stays. Otherwise people wouldn't be suggesting creating your profile using a Rogers or AT&T card first then switch SIMs.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Done this many times going between ATT and T-Mobile SIMs so you're safe. Your app catalog access will be fine too. Worst case is no 3G coverage, Im guessing you have the NA Pre2.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  4.    #4  
    great, thanks all
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    have a palm pre plus and a bit of oreo effect, i'm OCD in moving it every now and then to see if it's getting worse or not.
    so here's my solution: i plan to use my old phone first and wait til i get an AGF GRT casing.
    my question: will removing the SIM card and battery for a, let's say, a month, will reset my palm profile or perform a secure erase. my old but reliable palm centro does that. i'm one of the few asian owners of a webos device who is lucky enough to have access to app catalog. don't want to risk losing it though.

thanks