1.    #1  
    So the title basically says it all, but I'll give you the story if you're bored.

While I absolutely love touchscreen/keyboard combo form-factors, my hands are incredibly oily, and by the end of the day, my Pre2's screen is just plain nasty. So, every night somewhere between 1030 and 1130, I go to the kitchen and dab some Windex onto a rag, then clean my screen off with it. It's incredibly nice to the touch afterwards, but I'm concerned that it might be doing some damage to it and the exposed earpiece. Can anyone chip in?
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    i wouldnt think so for the glass. but maybe for the earpeice; that is if you flooded it. but a moist rag shouldnt.
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
    I just use a little bit of rubbing alcohol and a microfiber cloth and use it to clean the entire phone, keyboard, screen, back. The index, maybe, possibly could harm the plastic case.
    I use eyeglass cleaner and the microfiber cloth that came with it.

a little carnuba wax keeps it from collecting fingerprints.
    I use a microfibre cloth and lcd screen cleaner but not much cleaner
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    I use a microfibre cloth and lcd screen cleaner but not much cleaner
    This is pretty much the answer....

I would say microfiber and water, that is what I use to clean pretty much any electronic device, damp microfiber. I would stay away from windex, and this isn't from a purely electronics POV, but I don't use windex on my cars (unless I need to remove tint). The point being windex (ammonia) can be harmful to many things, pick a different liquid that is safer on the most delicate device and use a microfiber cloth.

I will add that when you say rag I worry, you are not talking about a microfiber but some shop or kitchen towel/rag.

Ohh and you might want to get a screen protector if you want to clean it with more abrasive items/chemicals or more often so you can do it on the go.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I use eyeglass cleaner and the microfiber cloth that came with it.

a little carnuba wax keeps it from collecting fingerprints.
    Are you really waxing your phone? I mean I get the concept and all, but I dunno if that's an awesome idea for the phone overall. Sure I know people that wax their windshields, and cars, but even then you have to be careful and we are talking about large motor vehicles. Can't imagine the precision it would take to properly use wax on a phone.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    just the center of the screen to keep fingerprints down. Especially when I had a zagg protector on my pre+. Made it soooo much smoother