1.    #1  
    Hi,

I Just ordered an unlocked Pre 2 (europe) which is model number 1075EU-UMTS but there appears to be another version P102UEU, what's the difference ?

There only appears to be a webosdoctor for P102UEU, so will I be able to doctor my phone if necessary ?

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfyjsy View Post
    Hi,

I Just ordered an unlocked Pre 2 (europe) which is model number 1075EU-UMTS but there appears to be another version P102UEU, what's the difference ?

There only appears to be a webosdoctor for P102UEU, so will I be able to doctor my phone if necessary ?

Paul
    Paul, I highly suspect something is a misprint there. However since I can't see what you are seeing allow me to assure you of this. Regardless what your model number is, you can go to www.palm.com/rom and enter your device serial number and you will be able to download and run the appropriate Dr for your device.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for that link, I thought webosdoctor was only available on webos internals, now I know better. It looks like everybody is selling the 1075EU-UMTS, but the webos internals site was only listing the P102UEU model

Can't wait for the pre 2 to arrive, I just hope I can get the 3g working with my sim this time. I have had a pre- for 7 months and tried everything to get 3g working on it, even playing with the carrier settings table, no joy
    The actual model # of the Pre 2 is P102EUE, P102UNA, P102EWW

Of course, all 3 are the Pre 2, the only difference is EUE and UNA is Europe vs North America GSM, and EWW is CDMA.

Palm's model numbers start with PXXXX

Not sure what the 1075EU is, but i'm sure it's nothing. Maybe they just label and track unlocked devices
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I got my phone from the Palm Eurostore and it was called 1075EU-UMTS. I don't know if there is another version. It came with 2.0.1 and I doctored it to 2.1 in a matter of minutes and without any problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfyjsy View Post
    Thanks for that link, I thought webosdoctor was only available on webos internals, now I know better. It looks like everybody is selling the 1075EU-UMTS, but the webos internals site was only listing the P102UEU model

Can't wait for the pre 2 to arrive, I just hope I can get the 3g working with my sim this time. I have had a pre- for 7 months and tried everything to get 3g working on it, even playing with the carrier settings table, no joy
    That is a common misunderstanding about the links on the webOS Internals web site. The links on that site go directly to the HP Palm download location. They don't store any of the Dr. files there as it would be a violation of the copyright to distribute HP software. The only difference is the path has been changed so you can DL and run the Dr offline from the web site. The palm.com/rom site will determine which Dr. you need for your model and auto run it.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups