1.    #1  
    I've been LOVING my FrankenPre2. Last night I took a pic with the camera. I uploaded to FB from FB app. I sent it via MMS. Today I try to use the camera and it snaps the pic, the preview goes to the little window, but when I tap it, the pic doesn't come up. I go to the photos app and the pics aren't there!

any thought before I consider doctoring? Already did a device restart.
    Did you do a full power off/on cycle, not just a restart? {Jonathan}
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Plug the phone into the computer in usb mode and look for the pics in the DCMI folder.
    I've got the same behaviour on a GSM Pre- running 2.1. The picture gets taken, but neither the camera app or the photo app will recognize it. I presume there is a glitch in the file indexer. The picture definetly gets taken. As i2y4n stated, it is in the DCMI folder and accessable via USB or Internalz (Pro).
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    Quote Originally Posted by dandman8 View Post
    I've been LOVING my FrankenPre2. Last night I took a pic with the camera. I uploaded to FB from FB app. I sent it via MMS. Today I try to use the camera and it snaps the pic, the preview goes to the little window, but when I tap it, the pic doesn't come up. I go to the photos app and the pics aren't there!

any thought before I consider doctoring? Already did a device restart.
    This is a known media file indexer bug. Some of the suggestions above will work to make them visible on the phone again. They are always visible when connected to computer in USB mode.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue and have tried the improved photo naming patches with no luck.....I'm glad to know I'm not the only one....

I installed internalz and can view them that way, and can email them as well as mms, however we like to load stuff up to Facebook from time to time. Is there a workaround for this?
    had the same problem with my Verizon Pre 2. Had to doctor to get it working right again :/ sucks, but it was the only thing that would work for me.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Now to clarify would I need to doctor with the modded doctor I used to convert the pre 2, or would I be able to use the 2.1 that upgraded OTA?
    Quote Originally Posted by ntjoe View Post
    Now to clarify would I need to doctor with the modded doctor I used to convert the pre 2, or would I be able to use the 2.1 that upgraded OTA?
    You could but if you put the comm board into an unbranded GSM phone then you can just use the standard unbranded GSM doctor too.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Awesome...mine was the unbranded GSM so I can do the 2.1 WR....Thanks!
    I'm having this same problem on a Sprint Pre with 2.1. It just started yesterday morning.
    An Iphone walks into a bar with a Palm Pre on it's shoulder. The bartender looks up and says, "Hey, that's pretty cool, where can I get one of those?" and the Palm Pre says "Hipstertown, they're all over the place"
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    In further review, Rod pointed this out here and in another thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...photo-app.html
    It appears to me that doctoring it may only be a short term solution. Instead of doing that, I have moved all of my pics of my Pre 2, removed the photo naming patch, and will see what it does....

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Been using Internalz app to compensate and it lets me manage albums there anyways.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Been using Internalz app to compensate and it lets me manage albums there anyways.
    Yeah, removing the improved file names was useless....I can use Internalz just fine for email and MMS, I just like being able to upload a pic to Facebook with the kid does something cute....

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I went ahead and doctored mine with the 2.1.0 doctor, and did not add any of the custom naming patches. It's back to normal now and let's me view the pics fine. Let's see how long it lasts though....

RIP Palm OS and WebOS
  16.    #16  
    hey guys - although a device restart didn't work, I eventually did a shut down and left it off for a bit. After powering back on, the problem went away. Those pics I took while having the issue still don't show in Photos app, but new ones do.