1.    #1  
    Beware of the HP Wireless Central website and their "deals"! You are not buying from HP but rather a reseller named Simplexity! Their business "approach" is highly suspect. If you buy a Pre 2 from them, you will be buying from them and it appears that they will also own your Verizon contract (according to the Verizon rep I talked to ...).

Their 30 day return offer has several major issues. If you ported your phone number over to Verizon, you will lose that phone number if you return the phone. Also, you have to let Verizon know within 15 days that your are returning the phone to Simplexity so Verizon won't charge you a ETF. So the 30 day return offer is really a 15 day return offer.

Simplexity was also offering a Verizon plan with free mobile hotspot service, at the time, and this was on my receipt, but Verizon told me that is not actually included. If you call them you will be talking to someone in India who has a script and knows nothing!

BEWARE!
    Appreciate the heads-up.
    Thanks
    VZW changed their policy from 30 to 15 days this year. Sucks but this group may not be keeping up and the failure may not be intentional.
    I believe simplexity and wirefly are the same company

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    http://www.simplexity.com/Pages/pres...ail.asp?id=341

About Wirefly
    Wirefly (www.wirefly.com) is Americas trusted source for cell phones, wireless service plans and wireless accessories. Owned and operated by Simplexity, Wirefly is the internet's leading authorized dealer for every major cellular carrier in the U.S. Wirefly also offers discounts and services not available in retail wireless stores, including real-time online order status and tracking, and the lowest prices - online or anywhere else -- on cell phone devices from Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, LG, BlackBerry and many other cell phone handset manufacturers. Wirefly.com has been named Best of the Web by Forbes magazine as the "best all-around number portability portal" and "Best in Overall Customer Experience" by Keynote Performance Systems. For more information on Wirefly, its wireless products and its services, visit www.wirefly.com.
    A lot of stores use Simplexity. Like Wirefly, this HP store, and NewEgg.

I find Simplexity ToS to be shady as they are. You pretty much have to stick with said phone and plan for 6 months. Even if all you do is activate another phone you own on the number you'll be hit with a ETF from Simplexity. Same with if you change a feature on the plan.

They may have low prices but the ToS you have to follow is crap.
    I got my Pre 2 from them for $99 and I've not had any troubles with it. I was a little leery of it at first as well. They didn't hide the fact that they would literally rape me if i dropped the phone from service. I'm just concerned about getting insurance from Verizon on this phone, I don't know if i can keep my insurance since I bought the phone from them. They said that they are just a reseller, just like the cellphone stores in the ghetto that sell beer wine , cigarettes and cellphones.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I believe simplexity and wirefly are the same company

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    That explains some things the Verizon rep told me. When I told her that I had bought a Palm Pre 2 from a reseller, she said "I hope it wasn't Wirefly!". She also told me that Wirefly "owns" the Verizon contract that their clients sign. This explains how they can charge you a ETF, versus Verizon doing it. This is also what they threatened me with when I wanted to return my Pre 2 (and re-purchase) because they would not do a price adjustment (from $99.99 to $0). It is an U.S. company that hides behind a India call center for customer support and the backlash from their business practices.
    I was wondering why they were offering me my original $150- discount when Sprint reverted me to $75-off.

With all the extras, I'd rather just stick with Sprint and my measly discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
    It is an U.S. company that hides behind a India call center for customer support and the backlash from their business practices.
    Truthfully there aren't very many companies that don't do that any more. I was really upset when I called Harley-Davidson finance and got a call center in India (they use JP Morgan/Chase for their autodraft payment center, which in turn has their call center in India). Trust me, I complained plenty. Not because it was a call center in India, but because the reason a lot of people buy Harley, is because of the "All-American" branding.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    I just ordered a pre 2 about 2 days ago from the HP web site, however if I would of read this first I would not of don so. So I went to the wirefly website an read the turms of perchus and and it says that is you make a change to the data plan and or the minuets you will be charged an ETF. I got this phone by activating another line so I could get the pre 2 for my wife and have a way to upgrade every year instead of every two years.

So this is what I did. Sinc they will auto bill your debit card, I called and canceled my card. So now they can't git my money before I have a chance to plead my case with them.

Wish me luck. I will be making updates on how this turns out, and let the community know if I find a way around the ETF.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by philbert81 View Post
    I just ordered a pre 2 about 2 days ago from the HP web site, however if I would of read this first I would not of don so. So I went to the wirefly website an read the turms of perchus and and it says that is you make a change to the data plan and or the minuets you will be charged an ETF. I got this phone by activating another line so I could get the pre 2 for my wife and have a way to upgrade every year instead of every two years.

So this is what I did. Sinc they will auto bill your debit card, I called and canceled my card. So now they can't git my money before I have a chance to plead my case with them.

Wish me luck. I will be making updates on how this turns out, and let the community know if I find a way around the ETF.

Good Luck! I'm pursuing a similar approach. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company, claiming misrepresentation and product not as described. I just sent a detailed response to their request for more information. I'll post what happened once it hear back from them. I will also be filing a complaint against them on the BBB (Better Business Bureau) as soon as I can get to it ...
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Thanks for sharing the info, geewhiz. I had been going to that "hp" Simplexity site (it really is a clearinghouse isn't it?), and was drawn to their free Pre 2 and Pre Plus phones, the latter with MHS. While I'm looking for a tethering solution (not necessarily freeTether), the slow data speed of the fading CDMA network as well as the shady nature of Simplexity has me waiting for the Pre3 to debut. Worse comes to worse, hopefully the price of the unlocked Pre 2 from the real hp store website will finally drop by this summer as well.
  14.    #14  
    Here's another complaint on Simplexity ... this mirrors my experience with them!

[from www.complaintsboard.com]
    Posted: 2008-11-25 by Amit Datta

Wirefly/Simplexity Fraud and Un-fair service‏

Company information:
    Wirefly
    United States
    Phone: 1800-378-6509
    wirefly.com

Hi,
    I am writing this complaint against on line phone retailer wire fly. Who are not only very unproffesional in their Business & communication but also are trying to Fraudly charging me $250.

I upgraded my phones for 2 year contract with AT&T via wirefly on line store in april 2008. I updated both phone lines with new 2 new phones as both phones were free If I buy 2 years agreement with no features (e.g text, e-mail etc).

On October 2 2008 I received a letter from SIMPLEXITY (1866-635-7400) Stating that My credit card (American Express) was charged with $250.00 because I have disconned My 2nd Line <staff edit>, which is not correct because my both lines were active, they also stated that previous attempts to contact me failed. I advised her that I have never received any communication from them what so ever. I tried to explain to her that My both Lines with AT&T were still active and I am still an AT&T customer and I have made no changes to my account. Then the Female rep got angry at me and stated I need to call wirefly, I asked to talk to her supervisor but she hand up on me.

I called wirefly (1888-378-6509) 5-10 times talked to all customer, service reps also supervisors no one is able to help me but instead either they will hang up one or just transfer me to other department. Then all of the sudden my a/c (Order number#421804432-e2)was closed.

On 11/24/2008 I called wirefly (1888-378-6509) account receivable department and talk to their rep name John who advised me that only way he'll be able to resolve this issue is if AT&T can verify that the Line is still active. I had AT&T do a 3 way call with wirefly A/C recv. rep John and AT&T rep Ashley verified that both lines are active. For some reason John hanged up on us. I called back 5-10 times he kept on disconnecting the phone. Finally I talked to some female rep on same number who advised me that John is saying that the charges can not be reversed. I called back after 30 minutes and John from wirefly picked up the phone and stated that no matter what I do he'll not reverse the charges even if the charges were incorrect charged in 1st place. He added thet I can talkt o customer service all I want but that;s the way he is going to do it and he refused to have me talk to a manager or supervisor and hand up on me.

This kind of service is not right and very un-proffesional. this is fraud and I'll appreciate if you can help on this.
  15.    #15  
    AT&T to stop letting Simplexity sell AT&T phones online! ...

Let’s Talk and Simplexity stopped selling at&t cell phones online. Mobile Wiseguy

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I just got a Pre2 from HP/Simplexity; sure hope none of this happens to me!

When all else fails though, have your credit card company block the charges. Just keep track of what you did to rectify.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by BBooDoc View Post
    I just got a Pre2 from HP/Simplexity; sure hope none of this happens to me!

When all else fails though, have your credit card company block the charges. Just keep track of what you did to rectify.
    That's exactly what I did. My CC company is still "investigating" but they have issued me a conditional credit until they finish. I have also filed a BBB complaint against them for misleading and misrepresentation of product and service ...