Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    That may be, but the next steps would be to get the patch maintainers to get wind of this and see if they can go about fixing the patch.
    not sure how much luck we'd have cause I'm pretty sure they have abandoned 2.0.1 ever since 2.1...
    I'm on 2.1.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    5 days with no muffle system logging patch installed and my camera still works properly.
    Same here
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    I'm on 2.1.
    same here. As another data point, my camera has been working 100% since removing the muffle patch.
    launch day Sprint Pre-, Verizon Pixi+, and now unlocked Pre2
  5.    #65  
    odd, its happening on 2.1 as well?! I wonder how many other ppl out thee are having this issue & don't know how to fix it. What route would we have to go & who would we need to contact to make aware of this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    odd, its happening on 2.1 as well?! I wonder how many other ppl out thee are having this issue & don't know how to fix it. What route would we have to go & who would we need to contact to make aware of this issue?
    I never had any issue with that patch and the camera with 1.4.5.
    I only started having the issue with 2.1

The patch maintainers last I checked was WebOS-Internals and Jason R.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danstah View Post
    Same here
    2 weeks with muffle logging removed and no issues....
  8.    #68  
    ditto
    if anyone knows how to make the camera save pics, id love to know. I have to take a pic of a damaged shipment for my boss and its embarrassing when I talk this thing up and it can't even save a picture.

when I take a picture, the thumbnail pops up the bottom, but I can't click on it, and it doesn't show up in my photos...
    This happened to me.. But the funny thing is the pics where still there in the usb drive.. I checked with internalz.. Saw the pics.. Moved them from usb to adiff folder on the pre2 and restarted.. Camera now continues to save pics and the old pics are showing

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  10.    #70  
    some quick fixes worked some didn't. My problem was I needed it to work right the first time & quickly & reliably. Now, without the muffle patch, it does.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I don't even have the muffle logging patch installed, but my camera is completely inop. I just get a black screen that goes to white, then grey, then back to black. I just got a replacement VZW pre+ that I Meta-Doctored to 2.1, so I cant be sure that the camera was working before I doctored. Since I've been reading so many complaints about the camera after 2.1 upgrade, I figured it was related. Any ideas?
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
  12.    #72  
    Idk, I still have 2.0 are you overclocked?
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Idk, I still have 2.0 are you overclocked?
    Yeah, UK at 500/1000, but I've tried all the settings. I even installed the recovery kernel just to make sure it wasn't that and it still did the same thing. I'm about to re-metadoctor or go back to 1.4.5 to see if that fixes it, but I figured since it seems to be a common problem with 2.1 I thought I'd see if anyone else had a fix for it.
  14.    #74  
    I wish I could help. I'm only on 2.0 so I can't say. Al the fixes I've found are in this thread. If none of them worked, please do post back your progress (trial and error) and we will try to help along the way. Id say start from scratch...
    I had the same troubles. For me, removing the patch that unthrottles Download Manager solved the problem.

Sprint FrankenPre 2 running 2.1.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    LHKJohn, try turning off geotag photos under location services. mine did that same cycle because I had GPS off (and you have VZW, so . . .) Hopefully that will help.
    I spoke with the dev of the Muffled System Logging patch and from what he can tell. The problem has to do with the indexer/indexing service which is a Palm problem and not a patch problem.

Obviously the fix is to remove that patch, but people really need to bug Palm about it, because that is ultimately where the fix has to come from considering the indexer problems in webOS 2.x are wide spread and affect more than just this.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 05/18/2011 at 07:33 AM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  18.    #78  
    Now, how the well do we convince HPalm that 'THEY' have a problem?! I just have to laugh... Cause I feel that's all we can do.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Well, I ended up doctoring back to 1.4.5 after re-meta-doctoring to 2.1 and removing all kernels & patches but still no camera. I also noticed my volume down button was inop Verizon is sending me my 5th replacement Pre+ Thanks for the help guys!
    You can try this way, cancel the "filenotify.db3 " which under " /var/luna/data/ " , then reboot
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast