Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I have been having some problems with my Unlocked Palm Pre 2. I do not have a sim card so doing a Full Erase and using webOS doctor is really starting to be an extreme nuisance. I want to use the phone as a WiFi-only device, like an ipod touch. Maybe if all the issues can get worked out I'll want to Sprintify it.

I was wondering if there was another way that I can advance past the activation screen and still have access to the app catalog without having to find a SIM card.

Problems:
    1. The clock stops working when the display goes off. I have tried turning network time on and off. The fact that the clock stops working makes alarms unusable as well as the facebook app. The clock sync app does not help because as soon as the phone display turns off the clock stops working.

2. The camera app has gremlins as well. I take a photo, click the thumbnail to check it out full-screen, don't like the photo, delete the photo, take another pic, click the thumbnail to view it full-screen, the photo when it loads gets replaced by the photo that I just deleted.

I deleted the DCMI folder. Performed a Full-Erase of the device. The photo when looked at in usb mode shows up exactly like it should (the deleted photo is nowhere to be found).

I really love this phone and would love to get the problems worked out. If anyone can help me with anything it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    1) If you're using an unlocked phone with no SIM card, your clock won't sync. Network time here means carrier network time, and with no carrier network, you can't sync. I don't know why the clock sync app won't work when the display is off though, it should work.

2) I don't have that issue with my Pre 2.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    The clock not syncing isn't the issue. The issue is that the clock stops working when the display goes off. That'd be like you putting your phone in airplane mode and turning the screen off at 2:01 and 35 minutes later you turn on your phone and it's still 2:01.
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    I have been having some problems with my Unlocked Palm Pre 2. I do not have a sim card so doing a Full Erase and using webOS doctor is really starting to be an extreme nuisance. I want to use the phone as a WiFi-only device, like an ipod touch. Maybe if all the issues can get worked out I'll want to Sprintify it.

I was wondering if there was another way that I can advance past the activation screen and still have access to the app catalog without having to find a SIM card.

Problems:
    1. The clock stops working when the display goes off. I have tried turning network time on and off. The fact that the clock stops working makes alarms unusable as well as the facebook app. The clock sync app does not help because as soon as the phone display turns off the clock stops working.

2. The camera app has gremlins as well. I take a photo, click the thumbnail to check it out full-screen, don't like the photo, delete the photo, take another pic, click the thumbnail to view it full-screen, the photo when it loads gets replaced by the photo that I just deleted.

I deleted the DCMI folder. Performed a Full-Erase of the device. The photo when looked at in usb mode shows up exactly like it should (the deleted photo is nowhere to be found).

I really love this phone and would love to get the problems worked out. If anyone can help me with anything it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    There are no issues currently with the Sprint Pre 2 process. Just go here and read through the hardware steps, then click through the link in step 16 and read through the software steps.

The issue you mention concerning the camera is a known media file indexer bug. If you put the phone in USB mode and view the pics on your PC you will see all of them there. Disconnect and restart your phone and they usually display on the device again. Because of this, I wouldn't delete any photos from the phone until it is fixed. Do your deleting while in USB mode.

Lastly, you can bypass activation using #*3386633# from the phone icon at the language selection screen. It will enable developer mode and bypass activation. Once it is booted back up and into the OS, you should be able to install Arthur Thorntons patch to show first use (the gesture tutorial in webOS 2.x) and log into your Palm profile from there.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    So the camera issue is a bug? Palm insisted that it was my phone and a restart/full-erase/webOS doctor would fix it.

And after using Arthur Thornton's patch to load the Palm profile i'll have access to the palm catalog?
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post

Problems:

Thanks
    I have a fully activated GSM Pre2 with app catalog access and it never has touched a SIM card yet. Art has a patch that will enable profile creation if you skipped if initially:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2800116

If profile is created in a supported country, you'll have app catalog access.

1. This happens on ALL my webOS 2 devices and will do this if it does not have an actiate data connection. Seems webOS 2 cannot keep a ticker running in the backgroup so I use clocksync app and force sync the clock through wifi.

2. I cannot say Ive seen this but gonna try it now. Nvm i replicated it
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    wait till you see the other bugs