1.    #1  
    Hi, I'm not a massive user of my Pre2 as a pure phone per se - but the last two days I have noticed I am unable to make a phone call either dialling the number or using a contact. Basically it just does nothing, or brings up the voice dialer which is also unable to make a call.

I have a UK GSM unlocked Pre 2, with 2.1.0.

I think this has just failed in the last couple of days. I also noted that I do not always get an SMS notification in the notifications bar, I entered messages and noticed there was a new text message.

Has anyone else experienced this at all?

Thanks.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Not sure if this will help but my Pre - phone radio recently gets turned off on it"s own and the only way to get it back on is to remove any patches related to the device menus and it seems the new JSJSJS $and$ $File$ $manager$ $services$ $have$ $some$ $effect$ $too$ $since$ $it$ $will$ $eventually$ $come$ $back$ $on$ $when$ $all$ $are$ $removed$. $I$ $dunno$ $which$ $exactly$ $is$ $the$ $culprit$ $but$ $this$ $is$ $what$ $worked$ $for$ $me$ $on$ $a$ $Pre$ -
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
    Try removing your patches or doctor your phone, if it still will not make / receive calls, get a warranty replacement. (if you can)
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    This has been reported a couple of times with people using one of the advanced frameworks patches by sconix. First check to see if the patch has been updated, if not, remove it (them) and see of it fixes it.

One user reported they had been updated and would no longer cause the issue. So perhaps removing then re-installing might take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by msdavies View Post
    Hi, I'm not a massive user of my Pre2 as a pure phone per se - but the last two days I have noticed I am unable to make a phone call either dialling the number or using a contact. Basically it just does nothing, or brings up the voice dialer which is also unable to make a call.

I have a UK GSM unlocked Pre 2, with 2.1.0.

I think this has just failed in the last couple of days. I also noted that I do not always get an SMS notification in the notifications bar, I entered messages and noticed there was a new text message.

Has anyone else experienced this at all?

Thanks.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    in Preware you can grab the "quick system tasks" to tell you whether various radios are off or on, and change the setting.
    I just became victim to this. I restarted and it still was not working. After about 2 hours everything is now working perfectly. I had a bunch of missed texts and everything.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    This has been reported a couple of times with people using one of the advanced frameworks patches by sconix. First check to see if the patch has been updated, if not, remove it (them) and see of it fixes it.

One user reported they had been updated and would no longer cause the issue. So perhaps removing then re-installing might take care of it.
    I second that. I didn't install the required framework for a sconix patch and I could not make or receive calls. Just check you recent patches. Maybe you'll find the source of the problem.
  8.    #8  
    Well to update I did an erase apps and data (not a full wipe) and that sorted it out. (I couldn't figure out how to delete a sconix patch as it doesn't show on my app manager.)

This really brings home the pain of what a restore on webOS means. Thankfully its a little lighter with webOS 2.1.0 and Save/Restore - stupidest thing was me banging my head when the wosQI couldn't connect to the Pre2 and then finally remembered DEV mode!!

Not installed any of the advanced patches for the moment and my phone is back. Really brought home to me the danger side of homebrew - still benefits far outweigh the cons. For me it was unexpected that it would be calls that it would impact.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
  9.    #9  
    OK this is much more subtle. Its not all calls that don';t work its any number that is on a contact on my phone. If the number isn't on the phone I can call it. Does anyone have any ideas? I have rebuilt my phone twice this week already trying to work this out? Going to talk with Palm Support but betting they say doctor it...

Has any one had similar issue?

Base Pre2 UK unlocked, webOS 2.1.0 stock (no kernel acceleration).
    ___
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I was having a problem with making and receiving calls. Incoming calls would be directed straight through to voicemail - my earliest notification being when the 'you've got a new voicemail' SMS came through.

Outgoing calls wouldn't work either. I could type the number in the phone card, but pressing the call button did nothing. Tapping a contact's number did nothing, too.

I uninstalled the Advanced Frameworks Patch that had tinkered with the Phone (I have all the others still on there), and all was well again. No reboot or reinstall required.
  11.    #11  
    Finally got this resolved I had tried erase and full erase but to no avail, I had to do a full doctor to 2.1.0 in order to get the standard core phone functionality back. Now I can click on a contact and make a call! I can also dial a number that exists in my phone and make a call!
    Very painful, especially as this might highlight something about Save/Restore as it doesn';t appear that everything ends in the cloud. But I need to search a different thread for that.

Be careful what patches you install it can have significant ramifications!!

[update] I've checked and Save/Restore only works to the USB partition so a full webOS doctor it goes bye bye - I hadn't done a refreshed device backup since last week so I lost a couple of new additions to SecuStore but not a great deal.
    Last edited by msdavies; 04/16/2011 at 06:19 AM.
    ___