1.    #1  
    I got my unlocked Pre 2 and put it in developer mode to get to the menu's (before you ask, I managed to get a sim card from a friend at Verizon so that I could get to the phone screen and enter the code for developer mode).

Here's the thing: I have a Pre with Sprint so I have no intention or need to activate with another carrier. I'm using it strictly for app development. I want to know if there's a way to update to 2.1 over WiFi.

I've connected it to my wireless router in the house and been able to go online and everything but when I put it in Update mode it just searches for hours.

Does anyone know if there's either a manual way to install 2.1 or if there's a way to get it over WiFi.

Thanks.
    The Sprint Pre will only get updated via the metadoctor steps you will find in the thread that discusses how to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdacats View Post
    I got my unlocked Pre 2 and put it in developer mode to get to the menu's (before you ask, I managed to get a sim card from a friend at Verizon so that I could get to the phone screen and enter the code for developer mode).

Here's the thing: I have a Pre with Sprint so I have no intention or need to activate with another carrier. I'm using it strictly for app development. I want to know if there's a way to update to 2.1 over WiFi.

I've connected it to my wireless router in the house and been able to go online and everything but when I put it in Update mode it just searches for hours.

Does anyone know if there's either a manual way to install 2.1 or if there's a way to get it over WiFi.

Thanks.
    If you need to update your pre2.. Do it via the webos doctor..

If you sprintified your pre2 and want to update it to 2.1 .. Than franken doctor it as stated on the webos-internals wiki
    http://en.m.webos-internals.org/wiki/WebOS_2_Upgrade

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I thought he was talking about getting 2.1 on his original Sprint Pre. I could be wrong eyes are gettting heavy now!
    i am confused -- what verizon phone uses a sim card?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    Doesnt matter.. His friend at vzw could have had a tmo sim.. Or taken a vzw sim from a world phone..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    The Thunderbolt. vzw LTE network will use SIM cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seowave View Post
    The Thunderbolt. vzw LTE network will use SIM cards.
    Hoo-bloody-ray! A sensible advancement in technology!

</snarky>
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.