1.    #1  
    Do you guys think the Pre 2 has support for TTS, just HP hasn't gotten around to letting us know yet? Because we know the Veer just needs a software update. So what do
    U think?
    I think it can be implemented by homebrew or by hp through a software update.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    It won't because it's missing the 'communication coils' that make TTS work. Sorry.

The Veer can be upgraded to use TTS because it has these coils, and can't ship with the TTS feature enabled because... Well, what would you touch it against if you don't have a TouchPad yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    It won't because it's missing the 'communication coils' that make TTS work. Sorry.

The Veer can be upgraded to use TTS because it has these coils, and can't ship with the TTS feature enabled because... Well, what would you touch it against if you don't have a TouchPad yet?
    I know that the practice of releasing new hardware not quite ready for prime time is common practice in the computer industry & have suffered the joys of an early adapter many times.
    TTS is one of the main reasons I got the Veer, though I had really wanted a Pre 3, but did not want to have an unlocked cellphone
    Using this cellphone jewel now for about a month I have come to love the Veer. It is the best cellphone I have yet used, but I suffer from ague whenever I try to get my TP to work with it.
    The updated webOS for the Pre3 gives me hope that one might yet come for my Veer.
    Like others have posted, I daily check to see if the Cloud has deposited a system upgrade into my little phone.
    I think connectivity between mobile devices is central to HP establishing a beachhead in their enterprise computer business
    Hopefully top management will take off the blinders & learn that games push computing envelops & they have a trifecta for enterprise communications with their Veer/Pre3/TP
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post

Correct, hopefully the Pre2 will get the ability to share SMS via bluetooth though... if not, and the Veer gets 2.2, I just wasted about $150 on a Pre2.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I also have my fingers crossed that we get an update that allows SMS sharing between our Pre 2 and TouchPad...