1.    #1  
    Has anyone in the Akron/Cleveland Ohio area successfully swapped the Comm board out of their Sprint Pre- into a Pre 2? I would like to do so and willing to pay to have someone walk me through it.

I know that Webosworld offers the service but I can't go days without the phone and I have no back-up phone that I can use.

PM me you are in the area and interested.

Thanks.
    I think we the only two ppl in ohio with webos phones lol. And I don't knw how
    Even if you're not that technical savvy, you should be able to do it with the webosinternals Wiki directions. Its relatively easy.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Even if you're not that technical savvy, you should be able to do it with the webosinternals Wiki directions. Its relatively easy.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I just like the warm fuzzy feeling I get when a real nerd is around!
    haha, I understand. If I was closer to akron/cleveland I'd help but it's about 6 hours away. :P
    Sprint Love
  6.    #6  
    Where are you located TooEarly? I travel quite a bit between Ohio and Washington DC. Any thoughts on whether I would be able to use between the 2 cities without the capability to update PRL?
    I am in the greater Cleveland area, but have a Verizon Pre Plus. Sorry I cannot be of help. I could watch you though..
    umm if you have heard of pastorrich in precentral . just send him a message and he can help you do the frankinpre right onlline . he walked me through it last night and got it working . all you need is to be a patient person , oh and a t-5 star screwdriver lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I'm in NW Ohio and have done it. Could help you over webcam too, if that helps.
  10.    #10  
    My Franken Pre is undergoing Meta-Doctor as I type! Hope this works! Thanks everyone for the pointers.
    Quote Originally Posted by jodoan1 View Post
    Has anyone in the Akron/Cleveland Ohio area successfully swapped the Comm board out of their Sprint Pre- into a Pre 2? I would like to do so and willing to pay to have someone walk me through it.

I know that Webosworld offers the service but I can't go days without the phone and I have no back-up phone that I can use.

PM me you are in the area and interested.

Thanks.
    WebOS World offers overnight and priority shipping. Your phone will be back to you within 2 days at the most. If you sent it in Tuesday, you'd have it back by Thursday.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    WebOS World offers overnight and priority shipping. Your phone will be back to you within 2 days at the most. If you sent it in Tuesday, you'd have it back by Thursday.
    I considered this route but it was pretty costly to get that turnaround. I think it was just shy of $100. I figured I would try it myself first and see what happens. Then I could donate a decent amount to WebOS Internals.
  13.    #13  
    Meta-Doctor has been stuck at 64% for about an hour now. How long should I let this go before restarting?
    Quote Originally Posted by jodoan1 View Post
    I considered this route but it was pretty costly to get that turnaround. I think it was just shy of $100. I figured I would try it myself first and see what happens. Then I could donate a decent amount to WebOS Internals.
    $15 goes to WebOS Internals if you do a Pre 2 through WebOS World.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.