Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Yeah, if someone can re-up the ipk somewhere and maybe PM us to keep things kosher on the site, it would be very appreciated.
    I've had the same problem. Backups stopped working and will fail if I attempt to manually backup. I can get to the Fix Backup Utility in the app catalog following the link previously posted, but the installation fails regardless. I am running a Pre 2, so I would have assumed it would have worked, but I guess not.
    I had turned the backup off when I bought my Pre2 just because I didn't like the idea of the 'cloud'.
    I found a Pre3 for sale and wanted to backup my stuff so I could transfer it.
    It ending working but here's what I did.

This did not fix the issue:
    Went to the WebOS Account and deleted the Pre2 from the account (thinking I could break the connection).
    Signed back into the account from the Pre2 (thinking I could re-establish the connection).

This fixed the issue:
    Went to the WebOS Account and deleted the Pre2 from the account.
    After about 5 minutes the phone notified me that I was not connected to the account anymore (I didn't wait the 5min during the previous attempt).
    Used the phone to create a new WebOS account with a different email.
    None of my apps or other items appeared on the phone (it was showing the new account).
    Called HP and they told me that the apps (paid & unpaid) could not be transfered to the new account. They also said that if I signed back in with the original account they could help me with the backup issue.
    I deleted the Pre2 from the new account then waited for the phone to tell me it was disconnected.
    I used the phone to log back into the original account.
    I tried the manual backup and it worked.

I think the issue was that I didn't wait long enough during the first attempt at disconnected before re-establishing communication with the account.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    at least with impostah it seems to be there
    start Impostah press button "App Catalog". enter com.palm.app.fixbackup
    i can get Application Info... , seems last modified on 2011-08-25
    It's gone now. Crap.

Did anybody save the IPK?
    I need this ipk as well. Can someone who has it please post it? Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by abbodabbodo View Post
    I need this ipk as well. Can someone who has it please post it? Thank you
    I also
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The file fails to download on a PC and ofcourse since my Profile reports 1.4.5, it won't download on my Pre+ either.
    where I get this ipk?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234