Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rajeshvj View Post
    Thank you Kremmen. That worked like a charm!
    I had forgotten about this thread. Came back today to see a solution. And it worked for me, too!!!! Thanks for posting the link, Kremmen! so, are you guys getting daily backups now?
  2. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Judman13 View Post
    Well I typed that link into the web browser on my ATT Pre + running 2.1.0 and it says "This Application cannot run on your current operating system. Use the Updates app to install the system update and try again."

Last backup 7/12/11 3:45 AM.

Just got a touchpad and I want the proper backup to come down onto the touchpad.

Any more suggestions besides doctoring?

Edit: Palm profile still reporting I am running 1.4.5. I am guessing the security update on HP servers really did break stuff.
    Let me guess - you ran the meta-doctor with one of the early scripts that had "Step 5". That's the only way I can think of that you'd have 2.1 on the device, and have 1.4.5 on your profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    this is huge can someone download this IPK and upload it to a "save place".

couldn't get it - just downloaded as ipk and do not want to risk my working backup on this phone

com.palm.app.fixbackup
    com.palm.app.fixbackup_1.0.1_all.ipk
    https://cdn.downloads.palm.com/apps/..._1.0.1_all.ipk

Requires: webOS 2.1.0
    Version: 1.0.1
    The file fails to download on a PC and ofcourse since my Profile reports 1.4.5, it won't download on my Pre+ either.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/12/2011 at 04:07 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Let me guess - you ran the meta-doctor with one of the early scripts that had "Step 5". That's the only way I can think of that you'd have 2.1 on the device, and have 1.4.5 on your profile.
    I did not know there was a way to have the AT&T Pre+ run 2.1.0 without reporting 1.4.5 in the profile. Could you please point to where one could see how to do this.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post
    ...so, are you guys getting daily backups now?
    Just checked and my last backup was at 7:48 AM today! It went all by itself. Hopefully the regular backups will continue.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Well according to the people in the hp help chat the software version is reported by the carrier (ATT) and since there has not been an official update through ATT it still reports 1.4.5.

also according to them there is news coming about an official update in the coming weeks....yeah right...

and actually no I ran one of the later Metadoctors that have no step 5
    (WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals)

If a better script is out then I am willing to metadoctor again, but there is no way I am going back to 1.4.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    this is huge can someone download this IPK and upload it to a "save place".

couldn't get it - just downloaded as ipk and do not want to risk my working backup on this phone

com.palm.app.fixbackup
    com.palm.app.fixbackup_1.0.1_all.ipk
    https://cdn.downloads.palm.com/apps/..._1.0.1_all.ipk

Requires: webOS 2.1.0
    Version: 1.0.1
    I can install the app it sends me a log ipk error in preware
    I know this is not a good timing to ask this favor,
    but can someone re-upload this file?
    thank you very much
    It looks like HP has taken this app off of their site, and even though my phone reports 2.1.0 in Palm Profile it won't let me download it from the app catalog. Did anyone download the .ipk for manual installation?
    at least with impostah it seems to be there
    start Impostah press button "App Catalog". enter com.palm.app.fixbackup
    i can get Application Info... , seems last modified on 2011-08-25

I don't want to install it, as everything is ok with my backup, but if somesome tells me how to get this downloaded only, i'll try it.
    apparently that app is only for Pre 2's.. I'm running a Plus. Spoke to HP support and was told id have to wipe apps and data to fix the backup, and they told me this AFTER they had me turn Backup off to erase my only backup. Way to be HP, way to be..
    I had downloaded it a few weeks ago on my Sprint pre- running 2.1 and it worked perfectly. I just got my frankenpre2 up and running and am having backup issues and the install for this app fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphoric85 View Post
    apparently that app is only for Pre 2's.. I'm running a Plus. Spoke to HP support and was told id have to wipe apps and data to fix the backup, and they told me this AFTER they had me turn Backup off to erase my only backup. Way to be HP, way to be..
    Try to get through a technician, they sometimes have older backups of your profile. Bug them at support to escalate it, it worked for some here in the forums.
    I was able to extract the backupfix app files from my pre- and create and .ipk but I get an error 22 invalid magic when I try and install it using command line. Also tried installing via QI and no go. I don't necessarily know what I'm doing, so I might be going about it the wrong way.
    is this perhaps the big security updates HP pushed a couple weeks ago finally kicking in??
    I just tried a manual backup and it went through fine. Maybe it was something on hp's side of things.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by j_t_heilbrun View Post
    I had downloaded it a few weeks ago on my Sprint pre- running 2.1 and it worked perfectly. I just got my frankenpre2 up and running and am having backup issues and the install for this app fails.
    My phone hasn't backed up in over a month. The app won't isntall for me either.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    My phone hasn't backed up in over a month. The app won't isntall for me either.
    Me too. I doctored my Pre2, same webos version-- 2.1.0, backup ran for a day or so, but now it hasn't backed up since the 10th. Manual backups fail as well. I get "install failed" when trying to install the previously linked to fix. Anyone found a work around to get things going again?

BTW, I am trying to install from here. It is still in the HP App Catalog, appears to download, but install fails.
    Me too. I doctored my Pre2, same webos version-- 2.1.0, backup ran for a day or so, but now it hasn't backed up since the 10th. Manual backups fail as well. I get "install failed" when trying to install the previously linked to fix. Anyone found a work around to get things going again?

BTW, I am trying to install from here. It is still in the HP App Catalog, appears to download, but install fails.
    Gizmo21 posted a link a few pages back and I downloaded it from there and installed it with Preware. Here's the link: https://cdn.downloads.palm.com/apps/..._1.0.1_all.ipk

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    Similar experience as marysm: seems to download but install fails.

But, in addition:

https://cdn.downloads.palm.com/apps/..._1.0.1_all.ipk -- "This webpage is not found"
    And: https://developer.palm.com/appredire...xbacku&code=IL -- "The application is not currently available. Please try again later."

Does anyone have the .ipk file itself and could email it to me? brobi69<at>gmail.com

thanks!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast