Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Well.. Mines still going through these moods. With everything turned off and brightness at 30%. I get a 200mah drain? Then with just everything on sitting in idle itll get at 500. I dont know what is up with the phone at times. A few days ago I had it running on 3g for 2 hours straight and after a whole day of use and still had 40% left.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Okay if I get this right. With my Pre2 at 10% brightness and just 2G enabled and data switched off it draws 96mah (battery current in Guvnah).

When I switch on 3G and data it sits around 189-200mah.

So it kind of works out that 2G at around 100mah will give 2 days use and 3G at 200mah will give around a day.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    I just wish my MMS would work regardless on data on or off otherwise id keep it off. And is there any noticeable diff with text and calls with 3g/2g
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Texts and calls work just fine in 2G mode. In 2G mode the Pre just works like a phone from 2003 but nicer.

You just have no email etc. pinging in. But you can just switch on the 3G/Data if and when you need to check then switch it back off again.
    Turns out using my college's captive portal wifi connection causes the horrible battery life most of the time. If I login and connect I spend 300-400mA on idle continuous.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I charge my pre 2 two to three times per day... Seems like I can go from 100% down to 40 or less with just an hour or 2 of extended use.
    Quote Originally Posted by pml86 View Post
    I charge my pre 2 two to three times per day... Seems like I can go from 100% down to 40 or less with just an hour or 2 of extended use.
    I'm right there with you...phone plugged in @ work, in the car...feel like I'm scoping out every electrical outlet everywhere I go!! I've used the Battery MD, switched batteries, health always good...tried the Battery Saver. My problem is I need my phone 24/7; I'm an RN, oncall @ night...so can't go into airplane mode. I'm so frustrated!

I love my Pre2 & want to keep using it, but I'm so dependent on the phone, it's getting to be a real pain!

I'm open to any/all suggestions. How do you switch a phone into 2G?

I'm debating on whether to spend the $$ on another new battery from Palm...don't think it will make a difference.
    Last edited by sherryterry1; 01/25/2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: spelling
    I have a Palm Pre 2 and it is comparable to a 1973 Lincoln Continental on battery life. I charge it everyday for sure, and if I thump on the gas with multiple cards open, wifi going, Pandora rolling in the background as I'm working, I can literally watch my battery go down in front of my eyes.

Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    Well.. Mines still going through these moods. With everything turned off and brightness at 30%. I get a 200mah drain? Then with just everything on sitting in idle itll get at 500. I dont know what is up with the phone at times. A few days ago I had it running on 3g for 2 hours straight and after a whole day of use and still had 40% left.
    Keep in mind that there's some background batch processing even when you're not using the phone, and that it runs an OnDemand CPU governor by default - obviously that's going to lead to battery "moods." If you don't care too much about performance, try setting a fixed speed of 600 in govnah. Better yet, use screenstate v3.

Quote Originally Posted by daglesj View Post
    Okay if I get this right. With my Pre2 at 10% brightness and just 2G enabled and data switched off it draws 96mah (battery current in Guvnah).

When I switch on 3G and data it sits around 189-200mah.

So it kind of works out that 2G at around 100mah will give 2 days use and 3G at 200mah will give around a day.
    I switched to T-Mobile recently for their cheap no-contract plans. Due to frequency differences (or something) with the Pre 2, I now only get 2.5G "Edge" data speeds. I haven't noticed any difference in battery life, but I'll try to keep a closer eye on it.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Thanks to the advice of somline I found out the reason (or at least one of the reasons) that my power drain was very high. I saw that an mms service was running frequently and also got some mms error messages in Lumberjack. It probably had to do with the MMS settings being wrong or something. I corrected them and now with 3g and wifi off the drain is around 1%.
    I still get a higher drain with the internetz on (around 6-7%), this WebAppMgr seems to run all the time.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Chaps just try switching off all the data sources for a day and see how that goes after a full charge.

Switch the network to 2G (not 3G or automatic) and turn off Data roaming and Data Usage. Go to the phone and tap the network provider tab top left and go into preferences).

I also run the screen at 10% and use battery saver app to switch it to airplane mode from 12 midnight to 7am.

Kind of lets you know then what the phone would be using as a normal phone.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Without data it can go 2 days easily, but hey it's not a normal phone. It's supposed to be a smartphone.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Okay ive been running this for the week now. Getting pretty good batterylife results. This is with Data turned off primarily. 10mins of data. 30mins of music and frequent texting. 40% screen brightness.

odmdtcl. 150-1.2, samp 0.2, threshold is 40%, screen off 150, screenstate enable TRUE. And I turned down my voltages on cpu and system. running anticipatory and cubic. Runs nice and fast from around 9am-4pm I only use 12-15%.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Without data it can go 2 days easily, but hey it's not a normal phone. It's supposed to be a smartphone.
    Oh I agree but it gives a basic baseline for minimal daily usage. From there you can see if your battery can last a couple of days at least and then switch stuff back on one at a time to see what really pulls the juice.

It only takes a few seconds to turn the data on if you need it.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910