Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Really??? That makes zero sense to me. I wonder why Sprint would have the 2.1 files in their pipeline.
    must have been ota update from palm
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Just to be clear, are you guys saying that any pre2 can be made to work on sprint? Unlocked gsm or verizon?
    As long as you move the com board from a Pre or Pre+ and you are willing to use MetaDoctor - then yes.
    Really??? That makes zero sense to me. I wonder why Sprint would have the 2.1 files in their pipeline.

It's essentially running a stock version of webOS, it's the same version that's on the unlocked Pre 2. No carrier specific apps or anything, and the update comes straight from Palm. Also if I need to doctor it, I just use the one for an unlocked Pre 2.
  4.    #44  
    is this your first replacement? Because I had a replacement before and since I did they said they would send me a palm pre 2. But you have to ask

Quote Originally Posted by artwest50 View Post
    Congrats, PalmLover, I had a keyboard issue recently with my palm pre + and they didn't send me a palm pre 2! They sent me a Certified as new Palm Pre + This palm is better then the one it replaced, but still, I wish they would have sent me a Palm Pre 2 instead!
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by zabbiey View Post
    April fools? or just a great company?? congrats.
    Just a great company! Lol
    This has nothing to do with Sprint. Palm servers see it as an unlocked Pre 2. The servers don't care what network an unlocked Pre 2 is running on. That's why they send the update to the unlocked GSM Pre 2. It just happens to run on Sprint... but that's not Palm's servers problem.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    What's the deal with Mobile Hotspot?

Palml0ver, are you still getting MHS for free with the Pre2? I hope so...
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Ok, so I checked to see what patches are available for Pre2. It seems like most are updated except for the big ones which are the launches icons (4x4) etc, hide quick launch bar and hide just type. Wish I could replace just type with tabbed launcher patch.

Any way, no video pause and flashlight in device menu are available so I quess I can live with it.
    Ok, so I checked to see what patches are available for Pre2. It seems like most are updated except for the big ones which are the launches icons (4x4) etc, hide quick launch bar and hide just type. Wish I could replace just type with tabbed launcher patch.

Any way, no video pause and flashlight in device menu are available so I quess I can live with it.

The quick launch bar automatically hides in webOS 2.0. It's a built in feature, so a patch was no longer needed.
    no way to change to 4x4 icons, which I am really missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    The quick launch bar automatically hides in webOS 2.0. It's a built in feature, so a patch was no longer needed.
    Now, I am confused. Could you explain how this works. I played with a pre2 at the store and I dont remember this. Also every screen shot I have seen has the quick launch bar.
    Now, I am confused. Could you explain how this works. I played with a pre2 at the store and I dont remember this. Also every screen shot I have seen has the quick launch bar.
    As soon as you bring up the launcher, the quick launch bar goes away.
    Ok. thats in the launcher. But the way my pre minus is now its possible to have just my wall paper with no quick launch even in card view. I think with 2x the quick launch is there even in card view, although I am not sure what happens if there are no cards
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Oh no.....so there is no 4x4 patch available for the Pre2? Im really going to miss that.....just bought a PRE 2 to use on Sprint......I HATE the stock grid......just hate it....
    Quote Originally Posted by crg28 View Post
    Oh no.....so there is no 4x4 patch available for the Pre2? Im really going to miss that.....just bought a PRE 2 to use on Sprint......I HATE the stock grid......just hate it....
    Try Just Type...I hate the stock grid as well but have found myself using Just Type more and more. I don't even open the launcher much anymore. It takes sometime getting use to but it works as advertised.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eserrano250 View Post
    Try Just Type...I hate the stock grid as well but have found myself using Just Type more and more. I don't even open the launcher much anymore. It takes sometime getting use to but it works as advertised.
    Will try....I know Palm/HP wants to be different, but it makes NO SENSE not to have an option for the USER TO DECIDE how many rows/ columns you want.....it is not that hard.... If this is still the case on a Pre 3 with a 800x 480 screen, it will be RIDICULOUS.
    Wow ... congrats on getting the Pre2. My Pre+ has a crack coming out of the USB port, and my local VZW store told me I had to go through Assurion (or however you spell it). Assurion would only offer me a Pixi+, which is BS. I mentioned it to my local VZW they said, "Really? That's a shame." It's a shame, but they wouldn't do anything to fix it.
    just wanted to bring it up since more n more people are creating frankenpre2
    thanks for bringing up this thread since I'm thinking about converting my sprint pre to the pre 2.

a few concerns regarding the actual pre 2
    - can I get any pre 2? (from att, verizon, locked, unlocked)

- does it need to have a clean ESN?

this should hold me over for if/when sprint gets another webos phone.

thanks for any help!!!
    for the ESN I think you use sprints instead of pre2s. And they sa with an unlocked phone you can update to 2.1 automatically without creating a meta doctor. And as for verizon, you have to meta doctor(correct me if I'm wrong)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123