Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Heh it looks like the chip on my pre2 got a center cut from the fab board My Sprint Pre2 wont go past 1.4 at all no matter wat. My gsm pre2 i can get 1.5 fine with the sometimes dropped calls and WILL have to downclock it when it gets hot outside, I stream music on bike rides. For the records at 1.96 ghz the device would randomly boot to the launcher screen if I kept cool air blowing on the back and and seeing the temp hitting the 60c barrier which is a nono. Kinda like you get excited when you overclock you pc and it posted so you get all excited but then windows gives you the BSOD at the login screen
    My face is literally like :0 lol
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Are you pulling our leg on this one? It is April Fools day after all...
    NO really! They gave me it for free! Lol. Made me happy because I didn't have to renew my contract for it. Which means if the pre 3 comes to verizon, its all good
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    NO really! They gave me it for free! Lol. Made me happy because I didn't have to renew my contract for it. Which means if the pre 3 comes to verizon, its all good
    From the tone of the post I figured you were not yanking our chain but I had to ask...
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    NO really! They gave me it for free! Lol. Made me happy because I didn't have to renew my contract for it. Which means if the pre 3 comes to verizon, its all good
    Getting a Pre2 with still option to upgrade to the Pre3 without waiting 2 years is a WIN!
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

    www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    A free Pre 2, Nice! I recently Sprintified my unlocked Pre 2, and it is a huge improvement. No more overclocking, no more having to worry about my battery dying on me, and the gorilla glass screen definitely makes a difference. It's a much better experience overall, both hardware & software. Too bad the original Pre/Pre Plus couldn't be as solid.

    Enjoy your new phone.
    How is this done? Where did you get the pre2 to sprintify. How much did it cost. You'd did it yourself and if so was it easy?
  6. mrkalel's Avatar
    Posts
    739 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    NO really! They gave me it for free! Lol. Made me happy because I didn't have to renew my contract for it. Which means if the pre 3 comes to verizon, its all good
    Wouldn't you give her a Pre 2 for free too?
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    How is this done? Where did you get the pre2 to sprintify. How much did it cost. You'd did it yourself and if so was it easy?
    Look at my signature

    Also webosworld is making Sprint Pre 2s if the process seems too daunting for like 20 bucks more than retail of the products i tink.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

    www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  8. #28  
    So if I get a pre2 running on sprint, what about official webos updates?

    I think I want one but the lack of patches, mini cards, nanplayer makes me wonder. Although I have been reading about a new music player with base and treble and possibly equalizer that only runs on 2x
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    So if I get a pre2 running on sprint, what about official webos updates?

    I think I want one but the lack of patches, mini cards, nanplayer makes me wonder. Although I have been reading about a new music player with base and treble and possibly equalizer that only runs on 2x
    I am a HUGE NaNplayer fan, honestly if it scrobbled to last.fm, I would probably still be on 1.4.5. However, Koto is an awesome music client on 2.0 and I think the UI paradigm and manner of operation is similar to how NaNplayer is designed, with some neat improvements. You will probably like it.

    As for patches, if there's a patch you want, you can always try to convert it yourself.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    I'll definitely be enjoying it!
    Shouldn't you be l0ving it?
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    Shouldn't you be l0ving it?
    I'm loving it
  12.    #32  
    Koto is pretty good. But the official app for music player remix is AMAZING! Worth every penny.

    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I am a HUGE NaNplayer fan, honestly if it scrobbled to last.fm, I would probably still be on 1.4.5. However, Koto is an awesome music client on 2.0 and I think the UI paradigm and manner of operation is similar to how NaNplayer is designed, with some neat improvements. You will probably like it.

    As for patches, if there's a patch you want, you can always try to convert it yourself.
  13. DukeL's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #33  
    Man you people are lucky. Just ordered my gsm Pre 2 cost me $560. No way was I waiting for monday so I opted for sat. delivery. Cant wait for tommorow!




    IMG_0349.PNG
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    Koto is pretty good. But the official app for music player remix is AMAZING! Worth every penny.
    Yes, but if you were using NaNplayer instead of MPR, there was a probably a pretty good reason. Why I suggested Koto instead.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    How is this done? Where did you get the pre2 to sprintify. How much did it cost. You'd did it yourself and if so was it easy?
    I used my Pre 2 that I got at the NYC Dev Day, and yes I did it myself. If you can follow instructions well, you can do it also. This was my first time doing a hardware mod like this, & I was successful the first time. These are the instructions I used.

    Sprint Pre 2 - WebOS Internals
    WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

    If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, webOS world offers services to do it for you. Check their page here:
    Device Services | WebOS World


    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    So if I get a pre2 running on sprint, what about official webos updates?

    I think I want one but the lack of patches, mini cards, nanplayer makes me wonder. Although I have been reading about a new music player with base and treble and possibly equalizer that only runs on 2x

    OTA updates work. When I Sprintified my Pre 2, it was running 2.0.1. A few days later 2.1 was released & I updated via OTA without any problems. You can install Preware on the Pre 2, so you can get patches. However all of them are not available on 2.X.

    There is a new music player called Audiophile & it's being tested now. I downloaded it from one of the threads here & the bass & treble controls are awesome. It's the best sounding music app I used so far, however it still needs work & is not ready to be released yet.
  16. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Yes, but if you were using NaNplayer instead of MPR, there was a probably a pretty good reason. Why I suggested Koto instead.
    I use Music Player Remix, are these other two better in your opinion?
    Are they compatible with 2.1?
  17. #37  
    I just like the design of nanplayer the best. I like the alphabet scroller on remix better though. I will give the others a try.

    I tried the pre two at verizon store last week. It has a more industrial look to it, not as pretty as pre minus in my opinion. But it was very fast. Going back this weekend to test the keyboard some more.

    Some one on the forums said palm knows we want our patches back, I don't know how true that is but I am hoping.

    I hate scrolling so much, I can't imagine not having minicards. It was so nice to have the option to back out and see what are all these apps I have open and decide what to close.
  18. #38  
    Just to be clear, are you guys saying that any pre2 can be made to work on sprint? Unlocked gsm or verizon?
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    OTA updates work. When I Sprintified my Pre 2, it was running 2.0.1. A few days later 2.1 was released & I updated via OTA without any problems. You can install Preware on the Pre 2, so you can get patches. However all of them are not available on 2.X.
    Really??? That makes zero sense to me. I wonder why Sprint would have the 2.1 files in their pipeline.
  20. #40  
    Congrats, PalmLover, I had a keyboard issue recently with my palm pre + and they didn't send me a palm pre 2! They sent me a Certified as new Palm Pre + This palm is better then the one it replaced, but still, I wish they would have sent me a Palm Pre 2 instead!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions