1.    #1  
    so I've had my Pre 2 for I dunno, a month or less, and I keep it in my Pre leather pouch thing-a-majiggy. And it has a deep gouge i n the glass. How it happened is beyond me, what do you guys recommend I do? I doubt insurance covers that, I have a screen protector on the way, but are there replacement gorilla glass screens out? If so, anybody got a good detailed right up? And I thought the gorilla glass was supposed to be pretty resistant, after watching the demo videos, mine doesn't seem to be nearly that god of quality
  2.    #2  
    oh, and thank you Pre 2 and all of your glitches for the wonder spell check and my inability to correct them on this screen, thank you so very much for telling me I misspelled something and not letting me correct it. Thank you.
    it will let you correct spelling most of the time. what app are you using when it wont let you?

Also, if you saw random damage to the glass face with no marks to indicate that it was dropped or bumped into something sharp, you might want to call Palm and see if they will replace it... There is always the possibility that the glass on yours is defective. I'd certainly try. If I bought something that was supposed to be unbreakable and it broke, I'd say that's a defect.
  4.    #4  
    I am using the precentral news app.

I guess I'll give palm a call, I've babied this thing since I got it. Hasn't been dropped or even talked badly to, yet.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    i dropped mine twice, and it has a small scratch about in inch in legnth, but not that noticeable though. and i agree that the quality of the gorilla glass screen from the demo videos, istn the same as on the pre 2. cuz i cant think of anything that i coulda done to gt my scratch.
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
  6.    #6  
    if I file an insurance claim, id only be able to file one more in a 12 month span. I'm not sure I want to file just for this. Maybe I should call Palm instead of Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    if I file an insurance claim, id only be able to file one more in a 12 month span. I'm not sure I want to file just for this. Maybe I should call Palm instead of Verizon.
    The only negative about sending it to Palm is I don't think they will cross ship a replacement. If you have something else you can use, that might be better.

However, there is no limit of 2 warranty replacements. That's only for insurance claims. So that will factor in if it is a warranty or insurance claim.
  8.    #8  
    quite deep...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Ouch...

It hurts to look
  10.    #10  
    palm does not agree that this should be a 'warranty replaceable complaint'. Well, lesson learned, always wear a screen protector kids!
    Do you have insurance on it? You can always get a replacement from insurance if you have the right plan.
  12.    #12  
    i do, but i can only have 2 claims in a 12 month period, dont really wanna use one on this honestly.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer