1.    #1  
    So I just received my GSM unlocked Pre2 in the mail today (courtesy of HP Developer Programs, thanks!), and I received it with webOS 2.0.0 installed. "No biggie", I thought, I'll just run the updater to get to webOS 2.1 goodness! No such luck, I'm afraid. The download gets about a sixth to a fifth of the way through before stopping entirely and prompting me to download again like nothing ever happened. I'd reeeeally prefer to not have to doctor the phone already, since I only just installed all of my apps, so does anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks very much!
    Let me show you what cynicism looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAngelOfElysium View Post
    So I just received my GSM unlocked Pre2 in the mail today (courtesy of HP Developer Programs, thanks!), and I received it with webOS 2.0.0 installed. "No biggie", I thought, I'll just run the updater to get to webOS 2.1 goodness! No such luck, I'm afraid. The download gets about a sixth to a fifth of the way through before stopping entirely and prompting me to download again like nothing ever happened. I'd reeeeally prefer to not have to doctor the phone already, since I only just installed all of my apps, so does anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks very much!
    It took me a couple of tries.. You just need a strong 3G or wifi connection

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    It took me a couple of tries.. You just need a strong 3G or wifi connection

Alright, after the third try, I've just looked down and I'm seeing "Unpacking...", with the status bar at about three-quarters. I'll update when something changes.
  4.    #4  
    Okay, it just went ahead and unpacked and validated. Now it's nagging at me to charge the battery to 50%. And, right on cue, I just got "ding-DING!"ed for having 9% battery. So, time to blow the dust off the ol' Touchstone and get her going!
    I'm actually having the same problem... Except it says no update available??

Any help woul be great... thanks!
    problem solved (sort of), I used the doc.. Thanks all
  7.    #7  
    Alright, it took a while, but it finally got working. Hooray for webOS 2.1 goodness!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAngelOfElysium View Post
    Alright, it took a while, but it finally got working. Hooray for webOS 2.1 goodness!
    Like I said took me a number of tries... Enjoy!!

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Like I said took me a number of tries... Enjoy!!
    I most assuredly will! It's been quite a while since I've enjoyed webOS goodness, outside of an emulator.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2
    Last edited by TheAngelOfElysium; 03/31/2011 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Looks like I still need to figure out how the P|C app works.