1.    #1  
    Hey all, I was debating on getting the new pre2 over my current pre-. This is my 3rd in less than 10 months and I am about to send this one back to Verizon. (Ive been with palm products since the 600 Treo came out and Im not about to give up.) My dilemma is, is that I have a bunch of useful patches that I would hate to lose. If I stay with the pre-, I keep my patches and what not and have to deal with problems again after my warranty expires (june). If I go with the Pre2, would I already have or would I be able to get the same "tweaks" as what I have now? (E.g. text tone per contact, match state to area code, key board light constantly on, just to name a few).

And the most important question is that can I get Preware?

Thanks guys! (and gals)
    Last edited by BIGGREEK; 03/30/2011 at 12:43 AM.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    preware yes, it already matches state to area code, theres brightness unlinked for webos 2.x, and im not sure about text tone per contact. id say go with the pre 2, as somebody who has one, its well worth it. its faster, at least then 1.4.5, and is 2.x is alot better then 1.4.5. hopefully this answers your questions.
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
  3.    #3  
    thanks keeb, yea Ive had a pre+ since june of last year and honestly Im NOT impressed (ive been holding it back too). If I had the chance (and it could do a little more), I would go back to my 700wx. I bought the pre because it was a new phone from palm, since i have been impressed by their products, and no body else had one (hate apples and droids).
    You can look at all the patches on all the webOS versions here:

webOS-Patches Web Portal

I highly recommend the Pre 2 especially if you are on an original Pre. It is much improved.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    I was worried at first if I should get the pre 2 over the original pre simply because the pre 3 was coming out.

Then i decided to finally bite the bullet

well worth it, and definitely don't think back.
    The Pre 2 is so, so worth it. Did the Frankenpre, and now have ALMOST all my original apps (still working on Classic and Sprint TV/Navigation), but the phone is solid, robust, fast, and works so much better. No scratches or dings (gorilla glass).
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    see my thread on the supposedly unbreakable gorilla glass. I personally wish that my pre2 had come with plastic/resin instead. I would rather have some scratches than a spider web.
    It is not unbreakable, it is highly resistant to damage though.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    * Technically * Your not using a Pre -, your using a Pre +. The Pre 2 feels great but I kind of felt like swapping the comboard back to my Pre +. I didn't because I like the glass screen and the 5 mp camera.
    use a screen protetor!!! Mine is messed up and it stays in my Pre leather pouch
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    * Technically * Your not using a Pre -, your using a Pre +. The Pre 2 feels great but I kind of felt like swapping the comboard back to my Pre +. I didn't because I like the glass screen and the 5 mp camera.
    Why did you feel like swapping back?