Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Having used the phone for several weeks now, there are several glitches that I've noticed pretty regularly:

1. I have quite a lag b/w tapping to send a text message and it showing up in the conversation window (like 5 seconds or more at times).

2. Text input frequently doesn't work. This happens in all kinds of text input fields: on websites, in email, in text messages, etc. I'll go to where I need to enter text and nothing happens when I type. I have to close and reopen the application to get it to work.

3. Touchscreen becomes weirdly non-responsive. There hasn't been a pattern to this, but sometimes, certain functions just don't work. Today for instance: I had a couple apps open and I went to card view and tried to swith to another card, but tapping the card wouldn't bring it up full screen. I had to tap the gesture area to make the app full screen. But I could swipe back and forth in card view to move cards left and right. When the app was full screen, all touchscreen functions were non-responsive. I had to tap the gesture area to get back to card view and could swipe the cards up and away. I could bring up the app launcher and swipe from screen to screen, but no apps would open when I tapped on them. I've had other instances of non-responsiveness, but this was the weirdest.
    I am experiencing the same kind of things. I am so tired of running to the cell shop and talking on the phone and texting on the net. I'm just going to see if some good comes along soon. It's a great little device but ......

Soap

Still no MS attachment capabilities on email!
    Not sure if this is related or not, but i've noticed there seems to be an audio-related memory leak in 2.1. Check out the thread: http://forums.precentral.net/general...mory-leak.html.

If you're willing to test the procedure that is linked on the first post and report your results that would be very helpful. I've been trying to find folks who have supported devices who have the issue (i'm on a Pre+) so that we can report this to HP through the official support site.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    ive had the screen stop working weirdly, for no reason. and i think the waiting ~5 secs for text to show up is something with 2.x that needs to be worked out; at least 2.0.1 for vzw.as for keyboard not working, ive no idea.
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
    Same for me. The messages delay is not a problem for me cos I'm used to the old Treo 650/680 which had also a long delay after sending a text

The touchscreen problem is annoying but usually it goes away if I turn the phone off and on again (not reboot, only lock and unlock it). So no a big deal for me either.

At least the alarm works great even with DST change (hello, iPhone )
    #'s one and two are common and a characteristic so far for me of webOS 2.1. I didn't have those issues in 2.0.1.

#2 on your list is related to tapping a notification (at least for me). If I open an app from a notification is when this happens most often for me. Swiping up to put the app in card view then tapping to make it active again always fixes it for me.

I haven't experienced anything as wonky as #3 yet and have been on a Pre 2 since Nov. 19th.

On other thing happens to me sometimes, if I am using just type from the home screen, sometimes the very first character acts as though I pressed the function key, even though I didn't.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  7.    #7  
    I am on 2.0.1, so I don't guess these will be addressed in 2.1, since 2.1 users are experiencing the same things. They aren't a big deal for me and only happen intermittently, so I can live until December when I get my upgrade.
    I have assumed #1 is because the message is only displayed when it is actually sent. I figured it was easier to program the error case when the message doesn't get sent. If you wait for the message to be sent over the network you just show the message if it doesn't you display an error message. Unlike Treo the message was shown then if it didn't get sent an error message was also displayed sometime later. If you didn't see the error message you could have believed your message was sent successfully.

Dan
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    I love webOS, but I find it discouraging how every new OS version seems to introduce more problems than it fixes (if it fixes any). After nearly two years it's time for webOS to exit the beta testing phase.
    EXACT SAME PROBLEMS! I have never used 2.0.1 but I sometimes have to do a battery pull because my Pre 2 doesn't respond to CERTAIN screen taps. One time I could touch all the quick launch buttons, and opened the launcher. However, no matter how hard or light or many times I tapped the applications in the launcher, I got no response. The phone wasn't frozen and I could open the device menu and all the quick launch apps. Also, one time I was moving cards around and they wouldn't stay on my finger for more than a second and would drop back after I had lifted them. I also have the same problem with the messaging application. The message doesn't appear sent for more than 6-7 seconds and it's really annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    On other thing happens to me sometimes, if I am using just type from the home screen, sometimes the very first character acts as though I pressed the function key, even though I didn't.
    Same here!
    I too have all those same issues (verizon pre 2 2.0.1) but what really bugs me is that in my 'just type' preference I can't get youtube to stick in my list same thing when I reorder my lists, they revert back to stock positions after closing the preferences menu. And now as I'm am typing this, if it thinks I miss spell something, and I click on the underlined word, I can't click on a recommendation in the list. I just, it does nothing... Grrrr.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    I too have all those same issues (verizon pre 2 2.0.1) but what really bugs me is that in my 'just type' preference I can't get youtube to stick in my list same thing when I reorder my lists, they revert back to stock positions after closing the preferences menu. And now as I'm am typing this, if it thinks I miss spell something, and I click on the underlined word, I can't click on a recommendation in the list. I just, it does nothing... Grrrr.

Try re-ordering your search targets so it's the first one... it defaults to only show the first three, and then tapping "more" should show a longer list. I was able to put youtube as my top choice just now...
    I can re-order them, but like I said, it won't stick. Next time I go to do a 'just type' search, they are not in the order I put hem in, and youtube is no longer an option to search.
    let me clarify. The settings will not stick after a device restart...
    I've only had "issue" 1, although waiting five seconds for the text to show up isn't "quite a bit of lag" to me. Whether it shows up in less than one second or in five seconds makes no difference to me.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    That's strange. I also have VZ Pre 2 running 2.0.1 and I don't have this issue. I reordered just type preferences soon after getting it and have reset quite a few times, but it has not reverted.
    text lag here too. The stuff that irks me are troubles with yahoo accounts and the lost/reappearing bookmark issues. But, I still love the Pre 2. Yes webos is still beta'ish but the hardware is finally out of beta!
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling View Post
    Yes webos is still beta'ish but the hardware is finally out of beta!
    Good point! Loving the Pre 2 hardware and checking for system updates daily.
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    That's strange. I also have VZ Pre 2 running 2.0.1 and I don't have this issue. I reordered just type preferences soon after getting it and have reset quite a few times, but it has not reverted.
    wonder if a trip to the doctor is what I need...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast