Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    wonder if a trip to the doctor is what I need...
    For what it's worth, my Pre 2 is still stock and unpatched.
    I'm a tinkerer, I have to tweak whatever I have. From my phone to my car to my computer. Now before I installed any patches, I still had this problem.
    I'm considering purchasing the pre2. I've owned palm devices before and enjoyed them. But before I give this a try I want to ask: How often do you experience glitches? Need to reboot? Need to reset? I want a device I can rely on. The specs and build of the phone seem great, but I don't to be saying 'hold on I just need to reset this phone again' every gew days.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebiker View Post
    I'm considering purchasing the pre2. I've owned palm devices before and enjoyed them. But before I give this a try I want to ask: How often do you experience glitches? Need to reboot? Need to reset? I want a device I can rely on. The specs and build of the phone seem great, but I don't to be saying 'hold on I just need to reset this phone again' every gew days.
    The texting "glitch" is constant. It's really not a big deal, but on the Pre Plus, the sent message would show up instantly in the conversation window...on the Pre 2, it takes about 5 seconds.

The inability to enter text in certain fields (texting, email, web browser, etc) is just every now and again and all I have to do is close and reopen whatever I'm working in. It never stops entering text once I've started. It's just sometimes when initially trying to enter text in a next text message or email or on a webpage, it won't let me, so I have to restart the app.

The loss or responsiveness on the touchscreen is even more infrequent, but it's happened 3 or 4 times. Not enough to be a concern, but enough to mean it's more than a fluke. That requires a full shut down and restart for me.

I'd be hesitant to lock into the Pre 2 for the long-term, but I got mine for free and my contract is up in December, so I'm not worried about using it for that length of time.
    I have a lag when the screen turns back on of a second or so, where the screen is dimmed and unresponsive. When i finish a call i end up pushing the end call button twice - which, by the time the screen has un-dimmed the other caller has finished the call and i end up pushing another contact from my favourites (if you can follow). Sometimes the screen is dimmed and unresponsive for so long that it goes off again before it will let me unlock.
    The last palm I owned was a treo 650. And it was necessary to have a good back up of my data. It frequently needed to be restored. There were also frequent soft reboots. It was great at what it did, but was anything but stable. I'm certain I don't want to end up with a device like that again. But it sounds as though this is far more stable and just a bit glitchy. I'll be stuck with the phone for 2 years. I'd wait for the pre 3, but that probably won't make it to Canada until next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebiker View Post
    The last palm I owned was a treo 650. And it was necessary to have a good back up of my data. It frequently needed to be restored. There were also frequent soft reboots. It was great at what it did, but was anything but stable. I'm certain I don't want to end up with a device like that again. But it sounds as though this is far more stable and just a bit glitchy. I'll be stuck with the phone for 2 years. I'd wait for the pre 3, but that probably won't make it to Canada until next year.
    It'll be here, probably around August-September

If not *shakes fist*

I'd end up buying one unlocked probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I've only had "issue" 1, although waiting five seconds for the text to show up isn't "quite a bit of lag" to me. Whether it shows up in less than one second or in five seconds makes no difference to me.
    I think it is possible to delete the text if you do it before it shows up as sent. I have done this on pre minus, which is a good thing to have a delay just in case I change my mind
    instead of closing out the app, you could just flick it into card view, then start typing, then come back to the card and it'll work perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    The texting "glitch" is constant. It's really not a big deal, but on the Pre Plus, the sent message would show up instantly in the conversation window...on the Pre 2, it takes about 5 seconds.

The inability to enter text in certain fields (texting, email, web browser, etc) is just every now and again and all I have to do is close and reopen whatever I'm working in. It never stops entering text once I've started. It's just sometimes when initially trying to enter text in a next text message or email or on a webpage, it won't let me, so I have to restart the app.

The loss or responsiveness on the touchscreen is even more infrequent, but it's happened 3 or 4 times. Not enough to be a concern, but enough to mean it's more than a fluke. That requires a full shut down and restart for me.

I'd be hesitant to lock into the Pre 2 for the long-term, but I got mine for free and my contract is up in December, so I'm not worried about using it for that length of time.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12