1.    #1  
    Will an unlocked Verizon Pre2 allow activation on Sprint? My launch day Pre- doesn't have a SIM, so would I have to get that from Sprint?
    Sprint does not use SIM cards, they are CDMA. You may want to follow the instructions for making a FrankenPre 2 on Sprint.
  3.    #3  
    Isn't Verizon CDMA also? So would an unlocked Verizon phone just work if activated on Sprint?
    Unlocked is not a term usually associated with CDMA. It is my understanding that a Verizon phone would not "just work" on Sprint. I believe that it is theoretically possible, but the companies do not allow it.

If you have a Sprint Pre and a new Sprint 2, your best bet would be to do the FrankenPre operation, as Mediametics suggested. Several members have done it and there are step-by-step instructions for completing the operation:

Sprint Pre 2 FrankenPre conversion gets pictorial step-by-step, with webOS 2.0 | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
  5.    #5  
    Thanks bevcraw. So if I get a verizon pre2 and I am not a Verizon customer, will the phone at least let me activate it to use as wifi only?
    It is possible to bypass carrier activation using the Meta-Doctor. Instructions are here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html
    Can always activate it using Metro PCS They are not hell-bent on putting you on a contract with a subsidised phone
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by probbins222 View Post
    Thanks bevcraw. So if I get a verizon pre2 and I am not a Verizon customer, will the phone at least let me activate it to use as wifi only?
    You no longer need to use the meta dr to bypass activation. On the verizon Pre 2 just get to the activation screen, tap the phone icon for making an emergency call and delete 911 then enter ##3386633# and it will prompt you to enter Developer mode. When you do and the phone is restarted it should take you right into the phone without activation.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    You no longer need to use the meta dr to bypass activation. On the verizon Pre 2 just get to the activation screen, tap the phone icon for making an emergency call and delete 911 then enter ##3386633# and it will prompt you to enter Developer mode. When you do and the phone is restarted it should take you right into the phone without activation.
    Does that enable profile creation/use or allow App Catalog access?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Does that enable profile creation/use or allow App Catalog access?
    No, but I believe Arthur Thornton created a show first use patch which allows creating a profile over wifi after activation is bypassed which does all that.
    Thanks for the corrected information, Rich. I haven't tried it on the Pre 2.
    No, but I believe Arthur Thornton created a show first use patch which allows creating a profile over wifi after activation is bypassed which does all that.
    For webOS 2 devices, first use got embedded into the Gesture Tutorial app to which his updated patch will bring up first use protocol back into the app if you bypassed it. The patch is not found in the feeds yet but can be found here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...1-4-5-a-2.html

#35 post

Confirmed this patch works on webOS 2.1.0 You'll have to go through the whole tutorial to get the sign into profile to work. It also like to hang after create or sign into palm profile but I just reset the device, a battery yank reset.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Does this code ##3386633# will also work to bypass an activation process on a Verizon pre plus or a Sprint pre-?
    Quote Originally Posted by mudotron View Post
    Does this code ##3386633# will also work to bypass an activation process on a Verizon pre plus or a Sprint pre-?
    Only if they have webOS 2.1 on them. If they are running 1.4.x they will need the Palm activation bypass tool.