Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Hello Precentral,

Im thinking about buying a Palm Pre 2

I am from Denmark, and my question is, if this phone will work properly in my country.
    I've heard something about not being able to purchase apps from the Palm store, if this phone is not activated in the country where the phone was released. Since this phone was not released in Denmark I might have a problem. Do you provide the service of activating the phone in UK before sending it? Furthermore I've heard that even if this phone is activated properly in the release country, it will not be possible to use a Danish visa card, to buy the apps. Is this something you can confirm?
    Will I be able to use a danish sim-card?
    Is there maybe something else that I should be aware of, when using this phone in a non-palm release country?
    Do you provide the service of activating the phone in UK before sending it? Not that i know of but maybe a good soul from DE or UK in the forum might help you
    Furthermore I've heard that even if this phone is activated properly in the release country, it will not be possible to use a Danish visa card, to buy the apps. Is this something you can confirm? Yes, but you can cheat it using sites that offer virtual credit cards
    Will I be able to use a danish sim-card? Yes
    Is there maybe something else that I should be aware of, when using this phone in a non-palm release country? It is still a great phone with free apps only
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Just got my Pre 2 in a non-palm european country. The phone works just fine with my SIM and I can access the free apps in the store.
    As the other guys said you can have full access only if you activate it in another country but even then you'll have to use a card from that country to buy apps.
    I don't think that you will have any problems with your danish SIM card.

Another thing that you should be aware of, is that probably you won't be able to write in your language. I mean all the non-english letters that you may have in your alphabet. Unless of course there is a patch available from a precentral user, which I'm not aware of.

Apart from these things I dont think you will have a problem.
    I have an unlocked UK activated PrPrPr&#$275$;$2$ $and$ $use$ $it$ $in$ $de$ $Netherlands$ ($not$ $an$ $official$ $country$) $on$ $a$ $Dutch$ $carrier$. $I$ $can$ $purchase$ $paid$ $apps$ $from$ $the$ $App$ $Catalog$ $with$ $my$ $Dutch$ $creditcard$! $No$ $problem$ $at$ $all$ ;-)
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thank you very much for your replies, and for your time :-)

My last question will be, that if I use this phone in Denmark, will I then be able to see all the free apps, that was ever made for the Palm Pre 2, or will I only be able to see those, which were made for my country?

Hope I made myself understandable :-)
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    This was actually not last last question
    Got this mail from the seller on eBay:
    This will work in any country. We can activate it in uk before sending to you, if we do that you can have access to apps free.
    Once you purchased and paid, let us know the following :
    Your First Name :
    Your Surname: ..........
    Your email address : ...............
    Password for palm profile : ................
    Your hero's name : ..................
    We can then do the activation in uk with uk simcard free of charge.

Is this completely safe for my sake? And do I have to get this phone activated in an official, only to use the free apps? And if I choose not to get the phone activated, will I still be able to use the phone fully functional in Denmark?

Thank you very much for your time
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I'm new to Palm, so what does a Full Erase imply?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    delete this
    Last edited by lastbil11; 03/29/2011 at 07:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thanks for reminding me

So my biggest concern before buying the Pre 2, is whether I will be able to see the apps in the catalogue in Denmark. If this is the case, the Pre 2 can consider itself as bought

And again, thank you very much for your time!
    Considering you only get one shot at activating the phone right or its RMA time, I'm glad you asked how to do this PRIOR rather than afterwards asking for a fix Better safe than sorry IMO.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Haha, yeah I know Does RMA mean to reset the whole phone, or...? Sorry if I'm asking silly, but I'm new to Palm, I'm used to iPhone Couldn't find anything about it using google..
    @GFN
    I didn't know Denmark isn't an excepted payment country.