1.    #1  
    had this issue with my pre. Alarm will be set for sat 6:30am, come that time. The alarm icons will pop up, but no sound will play. Why? Why can't the simplest thing work?!
    volume off?
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    had this issue with my pre. Alarm will be set for sat 6:30am, come that time. The alarm icons will pop up, but no sound will play. Why? Why can't the simplest thing work?!
    Your alarm volume is tied somehow to your media (video player, music player) volume. So if that is turned down, even if your main speaker volume is up you won't hear your alarm.

I use the "really silent mute/ringer" patch and as long as those volumes are up before I flip the mute switch at night, I still hear my alarm every morning but none of the other notification sounds that might go off.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  4.    #4  
    1. The volume is up, @ all times.
    2. I had this same issue from time to time with my Pre with no solution.
    3. Wasn't this a known issue in 1.4.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    1. The volume is up, @ all times.
    2. I had this same issue from time to time with my Pre with no solution.
    3. Wasn't this a known issue in 1.4.5?
    The only time I ever had it was if my media volume was down. Sorry
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  6.    #6  
    thanks anyways.
    try erasing the alarm time set. Then reset the alarm time again. When I doctor my phone the alarm times will be saved and restored after doctoring. The problem I had was the same as you. So I erased the alarm time and reset it. Never had a problem since.
    i've had problems with the alarm clock before as well. one time it didn't even go off at all, no notification or anything. i simply don't rely on it anymore.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Is sound working otherwise? I have the issue with the headphone jack sensor where it always thinks headphones are plugged in, and thus "media" sounds do not play. "The Ghastly Headset" app fixed this for me.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I have had the same issue with incoming phone calls. At least a few times a day my phone does not ring or vibrate but the screen lights up and shows the incoming call. It seems random as the next phone call would make the phone ring.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    That is very frustrating, and it's no answer as to why it doesn't work as it should, but I've been quite happy with the Timepiece app. It might be worth a look.

Also, I've noticed on occasion that my Facebook app will cause other programs to be slow or my whole phone to be nearly frozen. There could be some other slowness that causes the phone miss it's own deadline and only partially realize it's mistake. Maybe you should try closing any extraneous apps.
  12.    #12  
    timepiece messed up a while back on my pre, never worked right since then :/
    delete all your alarms then reboot and reset your alarms...that did the trick for me.
    ^ What they said.

Worked for me as well. I was having the same issue for maybe a week.