1.    #1  
    i don't know this is normal or abnormal,
    the screen of my pre, i set it about 20. When i press the power button for wake up. The brightness is normal at 20 but sometimes the screen is brighter than 20. Maybe 80 or upper,
    i don't know why, maybe it depend on brightness sensor.

somebody has the same problem with me ???

sr for my bad english,

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Yeah mine does that too. I think it's either due to a hardware issue, or it's because it's not sure of your current lighting situation. You could turn off the Ambient Light Sensor, but then you can't control brightness of screen or keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    This a ongoing bug in webOS. The dreaded random Brightness at 100%. Esp bad when its the middle of the night in bed... I dont know why it has been around for so long...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Yeah mine does that too. I think it's either due to a hardware issue, or it's because it's not sure of your current lighting situation. You could turn off the Ambient Light Sensor, but then you can't control brightness of screen or keyboard.
    how can i turn it on ??? Ambient Light Sensor ???
    do yiu have same problem with me ?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    This a ongoing bug in webOS. The dreaded random Brightness at 100%. Esp bad when its the middle of the night in bed... I dont know why it has been around for so long...
    u have the same problem with me ??
    I just applied the inverted keyboard patch and that suits my needs just fine.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I just applied the inverted keyboard patch and that suits my needs just fine.
    so, how about brightness of screen,
    Quote Originally Posted by ngocxuyen View Post
    how can i turn it on ??? Ambient Light Sensor ???
    do yiu have same problem with me ?
    If you have Preware, look up Quick System Tasks - BETA. There, you can turn off different parts of the phone. 'Brightness' is the one that controls the Ambient Light Sensor, which is basically what's making the screen come on VERY brightly for no apparent reason.

EDIT; Still doing it..not sure on this one...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  9.    #9  
    The important is this problem due to my phone or webos ????
    Please

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ngocxuyen View Post
    The important is this problem due to my phone or webos ????
    Please

webOS
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  11.    #11  
    Thanks all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm going to bump this thread up to see if anyone has a fix for this yet, just experienced this problem.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Mine does this all the time, and is very annoying when driving at night.