webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre 2 > Palm Pre 2 stuck in DEMO MODE :(
Palm Pre 2 stuck in DEMO MODE :(

Old 03/27/2011, 06:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hey guys,
So yesterday at a conference here in toronto, someone gave me a Palm Pre and told me it was working fine. Now i don't know anything about the Pre or WebOS but am intrigued so i trusted her, only to discover once i got home that it's stuck in what i found out is called the "Demo Mode". In the demo mode you cannot save anything and basically the phone is useless.

There has to be a way to get it out of the Demo Mode but the only code i came across is #*3366# which does nothing.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me another code that works?

thanx a bunch.

martin.

ps. it's running webos 2.1
Martin 4 Crackberry Idol 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2011, 06:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

can always doctor the phone which would reboot it to a normal device
kjb86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2011, 06:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanx for the reply mate.

I've seen this webos doctor thing but what I tell the doctor to do? Would it boot it into normal mode automatically or do I tell it to do that?
Old 03/27/2011, 06:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPayne79 View Post
Thanx for the reply mate.

I've seen this webos doctor thing but what I tell the doctor to do? Would it boot it into normal mode automatically or do I tell it to do that?
Webos dr wipes the phone clean of any info

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

follow me on twitter or Catch me at LOOT

ATTN: If You like my Patches or Themes please feel free to DONATE
sketch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2011, 06:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ok so then where do I get a brand spanking new copy of the os? Does it work like the blackberry os which I can simply d/l a verion and install it on my phone?
Old 03/27/2011, 06:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

the doctor installs the OS. Do you plan to activate it for voice services?
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2011, 06:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
the doctor installs the OS. Do you plan to activate it for voice services?
If voice services means that I can make phone calls on it then yes, I do.
Old 03/27/2011, 07:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok so then where do I get a brand spanking new copy of the os? Does it work like the blackberry os which I can simply d/l a verion and install it on my phone?
Here is a link to the various doctor versions..

WARNING : Please take head and install the proper doctor for your phone's ORIGINAL carrier....

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

follow me on twitter or Catch me at LOOT

ATTN: If You like my Patches or Themes please feel free to DONATE
sketch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2011, 07:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

Another easy place to walk through and Doctor you phone back to original state is on the Palm site.

I would first try running the Repair Utility. This uses the same Doctor files (download the file using the link Sketch posted above), but instead of resetting everything back to factory, it looks at your device files and compares them to the Doctor files. It will repair/replace any corrupt/missing files it finds on your phone. If that doesn't fix the problem, THEN doctor your phone.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/27/2011 at 07:49 PM.
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2011, 08:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

wow, thank you guys for coming through! i always heard positive things about the Palm community and u guys def lived up to it.

so i ended up calling in the doctor and it just finished the reinstall and now im setting up my profile and whatnot.

i have two more questions... can i rearrange the bottom row of icons and does this have push email?

thanx
Old 03/28/2011, 08:41 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
wow, thank you guys for coming through! i always heard positive things about the Palm community and u guys def lived up to it.

so i ended up calling in the doctor and it just finished the reinstall and now im setting up my profile and whatnot.

i have two more questions... can i rearrange the bottom row of icons and does this have push email?

thanx
Yes, just open the launcher, hold your finger on a specific icon you want, and just drag it down to the menu.

You can add, rename, delete launcher pages as well. Helps keep you organized.

Yes, the email is push. Under preferences/accounts, click on the inbox and make sure your email account is set to "as item arrives"
kjb86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/29/2011, 02:31 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
Yes, just open the launcher, hold your finger on a specific icon you want, and just drag it down to the menu.

You can add, rename, delete launcher pages as well. Helps keep you organized.

Yes, the email is push. Under preferences/accounts, click on the inbox and make sure your email account is set to "as item arrives"
cool! thanx

got this palm pre II working thanks to you guys and now you can add me to the growing Palm Community.

thank you very much everyone for helping this newbie. you guys are simply awesome!

-martin
Old 04/05/2011, 03:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

Thanks to these guys? Seriously? They sent you through hoops... You had one digit wrong. To activate and deactive the demo line all you have to do is dial ##3366#. Not #*3366# as you originally posted.
xlbLoOdlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/05/2011, 03:56 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlbLoOdlx View Post
Thanks to these guys? Seriously? They sent you through hoops... You had one digit wrong. To activate and deactive the demo line all you have to do is dial ##3366#. Not #*3366# as you originally posted.
I beg to differ. GSM Unlocked Pre2

Old 12/26/2012, 10:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngelOfElysium View Post
I beg to differ. GSM Unlocked Pre2

Click to view quoted image
soooo fixed my palm pre plus stuck in demo mode. Heres what i did... Start demo until u get to the call the fake people part. Click on any name and then click edit on bottom left. Chane number to ##3366# and done. Then click the new number for whoever u did it for. It will go to the keypad and immediatly ask u if u want to disable demo mode. Click ok and phone will restart. Just did it 2 minutes ago it works trust me i just got so happy.
fixedmypalm is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0