This is direction on how to add the AmazonMP3 app to your unlocked Pre2 or FrankenPre2. The AmazonMP3 app is U.S. only, this procedure does not change that.
1. Download the Verizon Pre2 Doctor.
2. Extract the contents of the doctor with an archive manager. Navigate to the resources folder. Find the file verizon.tar, and extract its contents. You need these two ipk files:
4. Copy both of these files to your Pre2's usb drive. Then eject your phone from the computer.
5. Reconnect the phone, but select just charge. Gain root access to a Linux command line on your phone. There are several ways to do this. I prefer novaterm (directions here). You can also use novacom (as described here). It has been reported that using the command line tool in WOSQI 3.14 works as well.
6. Once you are at your phone's root prompt, run these two commands.
ipkg -force-depends install /media/internal/amazonservice_1.1-7_armv7.ipk
ipkg -force-depends install /media/internal/com.palm.app.amazonstore_1.0-73_armv7.ipk
7. Exit novaterm, disconnect your Pre2, then do a full restart of the phone.
I have done this to my own phone, and have verified that the Amazon MP3 app works fully, including purchasing music.