Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gdinger View Post
    How do I get to Novacom to enter this? I really miss the Amazon MP3 on my Pre2.
    On Linux use the terminal.
    On Windows, go to Start > Run. Type in cmd and hit enter.

There are better instructions on the WebOS-Internals wiki, which is linked in the first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT1345 View Post
    I just extracted the Amazon app and service and using this method I got the following error:
    "ipk: Invalid magic"
    I'm getting the same thing. Developer mode is on. Anyone have any ideas?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dandman8 View Post
    I'm getting the same thing. Developer mode is on. Anyone have any ideas?
    Not without more details. What method are you using to gain root access to the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Not without more details. What method are you using to gain root access to the phone?
    Same thing here "ipkg: Invalid Magic"

I am using novaterm.

Specs in case it matters:

Pre 2 unlocked
    WebOS2.1.0
    fw CU0.5.72(5036)
    Kernel: SR71 Blackbird (pre2) v2.1.0-25
    Last edited by Prdamrican; 03/31/2011 at 09:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    novaterm on a Sprint FrankenPre2
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Got it installed on my ulnlocked Pre2 and works perfectly. Took me awhile to figure out that the original ipk files were saved in a folder called AmazonMP3. I therefore had to change the commands to reflect this (/media/internal/AmazonMP3) at the root and PRESTO....

Thanks cwgtex!
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I haven't been able to reproduce the "invalid magic" error. My advice would be to try one of the other methods mentioned for gaining access to the root prompt and see if you get the same error.
    Try using another program to extract the ipk files. I was using WinZip to extract the mobile hotspot app but kept getting the "invalid magic" error. After extracting it with 7-zip the app installed fine.
    I am getting an error during the point of novaterm installing it, saying file structure or something like that is read only. did anyone else have this issue? I have a unlocked Pre2 on Att.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    How to simply uninstall Amazon and/or Mobile HotSpot?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigaude View Post
    I am getting an error during the point of novaterm installing it, saying file structure or something like that is read only. did anyone else have this issue? I have a unlocked Pre2 on Att.
    I was having this issue using novaterm. I switched to accessing root from standard Windows command prompt using "novacom -t open tty://", then followed the installation instructions. Worked perfectly!
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Quote Originally Posted by pman_lt View Post
    How to simply uninstall Amazon and/or Mobile HotSpot?
    Code:
    ipkg remove com.palm.app.amazonstore - 1.0-73 - Amazon Music Store
    ipkg remove amazonservice - 1.1-7 - Amazon Service
    Rgds,
    Geomatic.
    I just used the wosqi linux command line to install this on my touchpad and it worked! Thanks everyone! I just bought my first album

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12