Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Figured I would share my experience when trying to pick up my pre 2. I am not going to write the whole story just some bullet point some of the garbage the sales rep spit out. So here goes:

1. When asked if they had a pre 2 in stock she laughed and said "you gotta be joking. Do you know anything about that phone?"

2. She said that some one asked for the same phone and all the sales reps detered this client away and tried to sell him an android or iphone.

3. She basically said they avoid selling phones that they feel it may be returned because a returned phone counts as strikes against the sales rep.

4. No store within a 30 mile radius has the pre2 in stock.

5. Befor she checked the stock room she basically said "highly doubt we have it. We don't sell any" which I basically answered "you would sell more if you didn't tell them not to buy it."

6. She flat out told me that she laughes in the faces of people who try to buy the phone.

Makes you wonder if its people not wanting the phone or if its sales reps covering their own behinds and pushing consumers away from the device that's keeping sales down. Just pontificating.
    Yep, VZW and Palm need to spend a ton of money changing the attitude of the VZW reps that were burned by all the returns. They don't know or believe that the Pre2 is any better. They only care about Android, and follow-up with iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Yep, VZW and Palm need to spend a ton of money changing the attitude of the VZW reps that were burned by all the returns. They don't know or believe that the Pre2 is any better. They only care about Android, and follow-up with iPhone.
    Another reason to NOT keep the "Pre" name....negative stigma
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I have the same experience at my local Burnsville, MN Verizon store, but have found better reps at the Bloomington, MN store. Seems stores with better customer service also are better at working with customer needs and have a better knowledge of other platforms.
    Another reason that Sprint should get the Pre 3 first and not VZW. They won't push it like they should be doing as is with the Pre 2.
    This is likely the main reason: "3. She basically said they avoid selling phones that they feel it may be returned because a returned phone counts as strikes against the sales rep."

They are looking out for their commissions, plain and simple.

HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I didn't talk to the reps, but my local VZW store had a Pre 2 on display. I'll have to ask them about it sometime to see what their reactions are.
    Can we declare tomorrow "Punch a Verizon Rep" day? =p
  9.    #9  
    But with all do respect, their commision is none of my concern. I don't give a damn if or much money they make off me. Just support my decision, make a suggestion if you want to and help me get what I want. Don't laugh in my face when I want something just because you feel your iphone is better. its just sickening that this iphone fad is so wide spread and apple and retailers realize these people are tools and will buy anything with the iphone name on it. For heavens sake, the damn phone is known to hang up on people if you hold it in a certain way but people just don't care. Its an iphone. Its popular. That's all that matters to them.
    This is why I never go to the VZW store. I either call the vzw sales/support center, or I order it from the web site. The people on the phone are about making callers happy, bit about commissions.
    BTW, Happy Birthday to SteveG!!!
    Why put down an advertising campaign for a phone when you got better coming very soon, /cough Pre3
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Because the Pre2 is an excellent phone. If it weren't for screen size, I'd stay with it. But alas, I need the larger screen.
    buy a tablet if you want a bigger screen. The Pre2 is an awesome PHONE... Nuff said.
    Same story we hear everywhere. I think they just make more money if they sell Android or iPhone. The Pre 2 is still very capable, but it's not what made Verizon the giant it is. Verizon wants to keep the big green machine going at all costs, with iPhone as insurance. Pre 2 or any webOS device are just a featurephone to them.
    I had a similar situation as well, but not quite so negative. The Rogers representative that was serving me tried to steer me away from the Pre 2 by saying that it was a "girl's phone", and pointed out the "mirror" underneath the screen as proof.

Of course, the general level of incompetence at that store was staggering, but still...
    Had the Pre Plus had blue tooth voice dialing, my wife who was on VZ at the time would have bought it. I went with her to look at the Droid 2 (she later got an Epic 4g - jumping to Sprint with me). She walked over to look at the Pre Plus and the sales girl actually said not to look at it as it was much more difficult to use. I jumped in and stated how she didn't know what she was talking about. She then said that she actually didn't know anything about the Pre and everyone buys Android. In mdi-2011 with improvements in Android and better hardware, it would be nearly impossible to give the sales rep even 20% of the smack down. WebOS devices don't have much going for them other than a personal preference and that (based on released Pre3 stats) is likely only to come from an existing and yet shrinking user base or by throwing them in happy meals.
    Went to play with a pre2. They were laughing at me. Asked if it still had advanced gestures, they had no idea what that was.

I think palm should give them a phone to take home, otherwise even the reps won't realize what a great OS it has, much less convince the customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Went to play with a pre2. They were laughing at me. Asked if it still had advanced gestures, they had no idea what that was.

I think palm should give them a phone to take home, otherwise even the reps won't realize what a great OS it has, much less convince the customers.
    They laughed at you?
    I guess I understand the reasoning for thinking a device may be laughable, and so, try to steer you another direction. That I'd understand, but... Laughing at you?
    Just call me Berd.
    I've never actually talked to reps, but I'm astounded that they would actually be rude to someone who went in of their own accord to look at a smartphone of their choice. Wow.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast