Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Yep, a guy and a girl. They basically ganged on me a said that I am the only one in the world who like that phone, and why I didn't want a droid or iphone 4. They just don't get it.

I can tell you if palm is done with sprint they will loose market share. At least with sprint they would keep their loyal user base.
    So they had time to stand around and laugh at you?
    I guess there wasn't any other customers to wait on, and they figured they might as well stand around and laugh at you.
    Just call me Berd.
    And then I asked what's the cheapest plan, she said $58 and I think additional $20 for the web. And if I wanted everything plan then it's $120_ that's what I pay for two phones with sprint.

I don't know how they have so many customers.

I hate to think about what if no pre3 on sprint.
    Every time I go in a sprint store, I have to put my name on a list to get waited on - the place is always booming.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Yep, a guy and a girl. They basically ganged on me a said that I am the only one in the world who like that phone, and why I didn't want a droid or iphone 4. They just don't get it.

I can tell you if palm is done with sprint they will loose market share. At least with sprint they would keep their loyal user base.
    This is the same thing the OP said. Is there some kind of sales memo that tells them to laugh at anyone not getting an Android or iPhone, so they get shamed into buying the other. And the salespeople get higher commissions on those sales or something? I'm beginning to wonder.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveG View Post
    But with all do respect, their commision is none of my concern. I don't give a damn if or much money they make off me. Just support my decision, make a suggestion if you want to and help me get what I want. Don't laugh in my face when I want something just because you feel your iphone is better. its just sickening that this iphone fad is so wide spread and apple and retailers realize these people are tools and will buy anything with the iphone name on it. For heavens sake, the damn phone is known to hang up on people if you hold it in a certain way but people just don't care. Its an iphone. Its popular. That's all that matters to them.
    I didn't say I agreed with this tactic to get commissions. In fact if anyone does that in any store, I'd walk out of the store and may even say a few choice words. That is not the way to treat customers!!

A better way would be to explain they had problems in the past and the customer may want to reconsider, but laughing is offensive. I'm surprsed no one punched any of these laughing salespeople.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    ...clip...In fact if anyone does that in any store, I'd walk out of the store and may even say a few choice words. That is not the way to treat customers!!

A better way would be to explain they had problems in the past and the customer may want to reconsider, but laughing is offensive. I'm surprsed no one punched any of these laughing salespeople.
    A Sting by the Queen Bee!
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    you know, if there gonna talk to customers like that, they should loose there jobs. laughing at customers, basically insulting em, dont know who said it but someone said that the pre 2 is a girls phone, and not letting the customers make there own decision. now thats insane.
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
    That's not only insane, it's actually sexist and offensive. A 'girls phone' because it has a mirror on the back? Give me a break.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveG View Post
    Figured I would share my experience when trying to pick up my pre 2. I am not going to write the whole story just some bullet point some of the garbage the sales rep spit out. So here goes:

1. When asked if they had a pre 2 in stock she laughed and said "you gotta be joking. Do you know anything about that phone?"

2. She said that some one asked for the same phone and all the sales reps detered this client away and tried to sell him an android or iphone.

3. She basically said they avoid selling phones that they feel it may be returned because a returned phone counts as strikes against the sales rep.

4. No store within a 30 mile radius has the pre2 in stock.

5. Befor she checked the stock room she basically said "highly doubt we have it. We don't sell any" which I basically answered "you would sell more if you didn't tell them not to buy it."

6. She flat out told me that she laughes in the faces of people who try to buy the phone.

Makes you wonder if its people not wanting the phone or if its sales reps covering their own behinds and pushing consumers away from the device that's keeping sales down. Just pontificating.
    I would consider mentioning the attitude of the Sales Rep to the Store Manager. If it were my store, I would want to know if my sales reps acted unprofessionally or discouraged you from purchasing something you wanted.

If the Manager wants them to push other phones, there are professional ways to do it--like ask you if you have compared your potential purchase to other smart phones in the same price range. The Rep could go on, if you are interested, by demonstrating each phone.

Again, I would want to know if my Sales Reps were acting unprofessionally or in a manner that may drive you from my store to possibly never return.
    Last edited by Mike5; 03/27/2011 at 07:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    That's not only insane, it's actually sexist and offensive. A 'girls phone' because it has a mirror on the back? Give me a break.
    Roger McNamee vindicated!
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post

makes you wonder whos hiring these people.
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
    These may be high school graduates or drop outs
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    They are likely anyone who just needs a job for the time being, even college students. I don't think it's a matter of education but a matter of "who cares, this job isn't my permanent one in the long run". Yes they will do whatever to get commission, that's why I dread going to the AT&T corporate store. Seems you're tracked for every purchase you make. I think the person doing the ringing up gets some credit or maybe the whole store does, but all I needed once was screen protectors. "Account phone number please".

Well, to play devil's advocate, lets face it, just reading the threads on Precentral I've learn there was a large number of Pre Pluses returned. If a returned phone counts against them, I can kind of see why they are turning people away. Like all of us, they go to work to make money to support their families. Of course, it doesn't explain their lack of customer services. But I can kind of see it.

On the other hand, I haven't read one post about people returning the Pre 2. I guess its going to take awhile before everyone learns Palm finally got it right when it comes to the hardware. I blame Palm, not the VZW sales person.

ET
    Yeah, but if you go in there and announce that want a pre2 and nothing else, they should not act your are an *****
    I would say the main problem my Pre Plus has is the keyboard. My first one skipped letters like crazy. Had double and triple letters till the 1.4.5 update. Still have issues with my second one, both under 1.4.5 and 2.1. The Pre 3 better have an awesome keyboard compared to my Plus. I love the Pre overall but most people would have returned it over the keyboard issues alone.
    The funny part is that I dont believe they make any money off of selling iPhone 4s. I'm not 100% positive on that but i know at my store (Best Buy Mobile), the iPhone is the only phone that our store makes ZERO profit on because Apple takes such a huge cut on the kickback. So i would assume its the same at the corporate stores since we actually buy more phones than the carriers do from the manufacturers.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Well, to play devil's advocate, lets face it, just reading the threads on Precentral I've learn there was a large number of Pre Pluses returned. If a returned phone counts against them, I can kind of see why they are turning people away. Like all of us, they go to work to make money to support their families. Of course, it doesn't explain their lack of customer services. But I can kind of see it.

On the other hand, I haven't read one post about people returning the Pre 2. I guess its going to take awhile before everyone learns Palm finally got it right when it comes to the hardware. I blame Palm, not the VZW sales person.

ET
    Explaining the details of why they really would prefer you consider another phone is one thing. Laughing in your face is where I have the problem. In the OP, she told him the truth(no. 3) but was so incredibly rude about it that he should have not even humored her any longer with a consider of any sale. Customers leaving empty handed can't be much better on her record.

they absolutley positively should NOT make commission. give em all a raise and kill the commission. if they don't like it, get another job.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast