1.    #1  
    I've been checking for 2.1 regularly, waiting for VZW to release it, the last 4 days I get this message:
    "Unable to process this request. Sorry we are unable to process your request. Please retry by tapping ."
    I can download apps in the market and my daily profile backups are working.
    Ideas?
    verizon hasn't release 2.1 so there is no update for it to find.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I've been checking for 2.1 regularly, waiting for VZW to release it, the last 4 days I get this message:
    "Unable to process this request. Sorry we are unable to process your request. Please retry by tapping ."
    I can download apps in the market and my daily profile backups are working.
    Ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    verizon hasn't release 2.1 so there is no update for it to find.
    Even so it is odd that the check fails in that particular way.
  5.    #5  
    When there's no update to find, webOS says "your phone is up to date".

I don't understand "it's spreading"??
    Since the VZW pre2 has yet to get the 2.1.0 update, that error you're getting is probably the result of the system initially seeing your device as pre2 and initially jumps to saying 2.1 is avail but then looks at carrier ID and aborts with that error you're getting. Some European peeps using Pre2s are reporting this error too when using oddball carriers so again probably a dual filter process of device type and carrier. Device type says yes but carrier says no. Just a theory...

Prolly best to check P|C regularly for when the 2.1 update happens on VZW instead in mean time. At least by then that error should fade and worst case you can tether update via the doctor.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....

As stated in the other thread it is not the experience of updating I would like to have. I am on a unlocked device pre2 - so it shouldn't be of any relevance which carrier I am on for an update?

And I still get the message that my phone is up to date, which it isn't. 2.1 is out and the device has 2.0.0. ...

Furthermore I get the message that my update request wasn't able to be processed...so what does that mean. Either it's up to date or there is a problem in the OTA process.

I like this system...but at the same time...I am getting bored with the same old same old bugs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Juize View Post
    As stated in the other thread it is not the experience of updating I would like to have. I am on a unlocked device pre2 - so it shouldn't be of any relevance which carrier I am on for an update?

And I still get the message that my phone is up to date, which it isn't. 2.1 is out and the device has 2.0.0. ...

Furthermore I get the message that my update request wasn't able to be processed...so what does that mean. Either it's up to date or there is a problem in the OTA process.

I like this system...but at the same time...I am getting bored with the same old same old bugs...
    i have been getting this screen for weeks -- i was hoping it meant that the update was coming to VZW soon but i guess not

if you have an unlocked phone download the doctor and update to 2.1 that way
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Have you tried to reset the device? Does it give the same error over a wifi connection too? Does it happen consistently or randomly?
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 03/25/2011 at 02:27 PM. Reason: typos

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Have you tried to reset the device? Does it give the same error over a wifi connection too? Does it happen consistently or randomly?
    I've reset it many times, it happens both over wifi or evdo and its consistently. Palm support pm'd me, I sent my logs, they'd like anybody else with the same issue to do the same. PM me for the steps & email address to send them to.
    I just checked and I get the same message. HOWEVER, above that message, on the top middle of the screen, it says, "You phone is up to date."

ET

you wouldn't be in colorado would you? I am and this is happening to me -- i wonder if it is regional or a patch conflict
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    columbia ,SC. Verizon. Same issue.
  14.    #14  
    I'm in Connecticut.
    I'm in Connecticut.
    verizon?
    This still happening for yall Verizon customers??

Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    This still happening for yall Verizon customers??
    it has stopped on my phone - no update yet now I get a screen now that says your device is up to date - check out what is new in 2.0.1
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2

My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
  18.    #18  
    Still happening for me.
    still happening for me.
    ditto
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
  20.    #20  
    Tried mine tonight-no error! No 2.1 yet, but at least I'm ready for it!