1.    #1  
    Hi,

I know this subject has been discussed a LOT! And for that same reason I'm lost, I just read 5 pages on a single thread, with links pointing to developer pages, talking about First Run App but in a very general way and to be honest I don't know what do to.

I already activated my phone in Costa Rica, I have CERO apps.

Is there a way for my to by-pass that and get my app catalog to show apps?

And if there is, could you tell me where to find the step-by-step guide to do it.
    Here is the deal,

If you run the first use app for the first time on that device in a country that is not in Palm's list of supported countries then no and it is permanent for the system tags the device itself, not your palm profile. This issue is not with the device but on the sever end that is currently restricting your access to the app catalog. You could try to work with the higher ups at Palm to see what they can do BUT don't expect overnight resolution.

Otherwise return the device, get a new one, send it to a friend in the US, HAVE THE PHONE FIRST TIME ACTIVATED IN THE US, and then send it back to you.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I still can't understand the reasons for this policy. It's like these people don't want more money from their customers. As I'm buying one and I'll only be getting the free Apps (hopefully), are the free ones enough for the standard needs?
    Quote Originally Posted by soltrance View Post
    Hi,

Is there a way for my to by-pass that and get my app catalog to show apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    As I'm buying one and I'll only be getting the free Apps (hopefully), are the free ones enough for the standard needs?
    No and No.

Please find someone on the forums to activate your device for you in the US. There is someone here who will do it for the cost of shipping it to you. Then you will have to buy a US credit card (there are links to ones on the forums) because you won't be able to purchase apps without a North American credit card.

That said, there are some countries were even if the device is activated in a supported country, you won't see any apps while in your home country. Paid OR Free. What countries are those? I don't know. Palm probably doesn't even know...or at least the lowlevel people you'd have to deal with on the phone won't know.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM