Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello.

I have my Pre2 for a few months now with webOS 2.0 and 2.0.1 and got nearly 3 Days of battery life.
    After the Update to 2.1 it does not survive one day (not even the time i spend at Work.)

I did not change any email settings or anything else.

is someone faceing the same problem?
    did you get an official update, or did you do this with a meta-doctor?
  3.    #3  
    official update "over the air"

the update notification was really annoying, that is why i decided to update the pre2 from 2.0.1 to 2.1
    check to see if something is set different, like email every 5 minutes, gas always on, etc. You should not have seen a decline.

also check stop to see what is running.
  5.    #5  
    sorry for the double post.

by the way,
    Service Provider: O2 Germany

I purchased the Palm Pre 2 using the UK palm online shop.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    check to see if something is set different, like email every 5 minutes, gas always on, etc. You should not have seen a decline.

also check stop to see what is running.
    i already checked everything.
    i don't use IM on my pre, my emails are still set to one hour and i do not know how often the calendar is updating with google but no settings changed here.

what do you mean by "check stop" ?
    Use forum search and check the other battery threads for tips to extend battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by faust7th View Post
    i already checked everything.
    i don't use IM on my pre, my emails are still set to one hour and i do not know how often the calendar is updating with google but no settings changed here.

what do you mean by "check stop" ?
    anged

sorry, autocorrect should have left it alone. I was speaking of the JSTOP app in Preware.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I too have noticed, not worse, necessarily, but erratic battery life. Some days I go all day, some days its stone cold dead by 1:00 P.M. No rhyme or reason that I can discern as yet.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    You should have never got 3 days of battery life to begin with.

You were mistaken or something was wrong before. One day of battery life is normal.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    You should have never got 3 days of battery life to begin with.

You were mistaken or something was wrong before. One day of battery life is normal.
    my pre2 walked through a weekend with one charge (friday morning to sunday evening)

i don't use twitter, IM or facebook on my pre2. only email, calender and web browsing.

i have read some other posts, but all they do is generally complain about the batery life, but not about the batery life getting worse after the update to webos 2.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
    I too have noticed, not worse, necessarily, but erratic battery life. Some days I go all day, some days its stone cold dead by 1:00 P.M. No rhyme or reason that I can discern as yet.
    are you gsm or cdma?
    Quote Originally Posted by faust7th View Post
    my pre2 walked through a weekend with one charge (friday morning to sunday evening)

i don't use twitter, IM or facebook on my pre2. only email, calender and web browsing.

i have read some other posts, but all they do is generally complain about the batery life, but not about the batery life getting worse after the update to webos 2.1.
    I find that hard to believe when the pre2 uses the exact same battery as the original pre.

I dont think my orig pre has ever made it through 3 days.

Unless the new processor is just that much better on power consumption, but I doubt it.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    gsm
    Jim Altman
    Just out of curiosity, are you using Govnah?

Are you using the built-in music player, or another music player like Koto or Music Player Remix?

I ask because i'm trying to track a memory leak which seems to happen when i play music. Eventually this totally bogs down my phone, and i've seen battery issues as well.

The other time i've seen battery issues is when i was leaving ~20+ cards open. This killed my battery at a much faster rate than with only a couple cards open.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I have Govnah, but am running the stock kernal and dont really use it. There are clearly some sound related issues. I often get no sound after voice dialing, I have and use grooveshark and it often fails to close correctly. Whether these result in memory leaks (closing issues certain seem like they should), I can't say.

I tend not to leave a lot of cards open and after grooveshark I tend to reboot.

Some days battery life is just fine. Its the overnight behavior I find puzzling. Some nights I am on-call overnight and keep my phone at my bedside. Some nights I get a few calls and battery life is barely touched all night long. Other nights I get a few calls and battery life takes such a hit that by 4 AM i gotta go add some charge. Signal strength can't be the issue, I have an ATT microcell and am 5 bars in the house all the time, and use wifi for all data inside the house.

Being in a weak signal area will chow down on the battery, I also work inside a jail from time to time and there is no signal in the jail. Too much concrete and rebar. If I dont go to airplane mode, a few hours and battery life is down to 20-30%.

I have tried to be analytical about it, was the music playing? was the GPS on? did I reboot recently? Have I installed something new, add a new patch? etc etc. I still dont get it.
    Jim Altman
    hi,
    i have the same problems. o2 germany,all accounts on manual refresh + one google account On 12 hours and my main account on push, brigthness 12%, facebook integration, gps always off, wlan off, only 3g

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I love the pre2 but i need to get trough my day like i did with the iphone 4. 80% of the iphone is battery... hp/palm need this too. I hope that the pre3 is much better in this case. maybe hp/palm can change something with some software updates. would love to see more "mini"-updates but much faster instead of 2.0 to 2.1...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I experienced a huge drop in battery the other day after playing Pandora for a short time. I closed the Pandora app, and turned off the screen. Almost nothing was open, and my battery had been around at least 75%. A couple hours when i came back to it it was at like 45%!

I'm still convinced there is a memory leak related to music applications. I've started a thread on it here: http://forums.precentral.net/general...mory-leak.html
    I think its a general Memory Leak or so. I've never used the Music App or Pandora or YouTube... so i think der is a other problem with 2.1 ... hope that 2.2 will come out very soon for Pre 2 and not only for the Veer at Launch.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast