1.    #1  
    It seems like since I upgraded to the Pre 2 I've had nothing but problems. The biggest problem I'm having is with the phone freezing. It seems like it freezes daily, and several times it will give me the "too many cards error" when I don't have any cards open. I happened once while it was sitting on my touchstone charging.

When I open Govnah it shows my phone running at 1 ghz for like a second and then it spikes to 300. I'm wondering if its getting stuck at 300 mhz and that is bogging down the phone.

Here is my question. If I install the default kernal in preware could this help? Or will it make things worse?
    Is this with a Gsm or Cdma Pre2?
    Just call me Berd.
    Installing the default kernel can't hurt. Give it a try.

If your profile is using a conservative, or ondemand profile than it wouldn't stay at 1.3ghz all the time.

I'm sure you've tried a reboot already?
  4.    #4  
    Its a verizon pre 2. I havent installed any custom kernals on this phone. It's stock now. I assumed that palm built it to scale back to when it is not being used. The problem is that mine never scales back up. It gets frozen.

Yes I've restarted several times and the problem does not go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by dr sharp View Post
    Its a verizon pre 2. I havent installed any custom kernals on this phone. It's stock now. I assumed that palm built it to scale back to when it is not being used. The problem is that mine never scales back up. It gets frozen.

Yes I've restarted several times and the problem does not go away.
    Strange.

Perhaps you could re-doctor and see if its just a software issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by dr sharp View Post
    I too observed similiar issues on my Pre 2.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I have the same TMC errors on 2.0.1 - on which version are you?
  8.    #8  
    Hey rot I'm with Verizon. I went to preware last night and installed the stock recovery kernal that was listed. (I think it is the only one listed). I don't know if that will help but I thought I would give it a try. I'll try it today and let you know how it goes.
    I have massive TMC errors on a completely virgin Pre2 (no patches, themes,
    kernels...)
    This problem everyone is having seems like defective hardware. The Pre 2 should run pretty fast and buttery smooth. I would contact Palm or Verizon ASAP and get a replacement.
    Strange that it's happening to Verizon customers.

Perhaps there's an issue with the webOS version specifically for verizon?
    Hey maybe the crippled it on purpose to they wouldn't sell lol

I mean, we're always going to get the odd TMC error depending on memory leaks.. It just happens the odd time, but when it's unexpected like the people have been reporting i'm thinking it's an issue with verizon's OS version
    It is either defective hardware or some kind of problem with the drivers not scaling the CPU correctly. Those affected should try using Govnah to scale to CPU to 1GHz and see if the phone is faster.
  13.    #13  
    Since I installed the recovery kernal in preware I have not had the error. Its just been a day and a half, but I was getting the error daily. Maybe this fixed it. Still waiting to see if it pops up.
    Count me in for the TMC error problems.

Unlocked Pre2 with vanilla kernel, no patches.
    Apps running always:
    Mail, Spaz, Bad Kitty, sometimes Angry Birds

After 2 or 3 days devices slows down and also if I close all open apps I cannot start a new app ->TMC error, have to reboot, than it works fine for the next couple of days.

I doubt it is a mem leak with one of the apps, so I started with Spaz. And I will report back in a few days if this has helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by rretsiem View Post
    Count me in for the TMC error problems.

Unlocked Pre2 with vanilla kernel, no patches.
    Apps running always:
    Mail, Spaz, Bad Kitty, sometimes Angry Birds

After 2 or 3 days devices slows down and also if I close all open apps I cannot start a new app ->TMC error, have to reboot, than it works fine for the next couple of days.

I doubt it is a mem leak with one of the apps, so I started with Spaz. And I will report back in a few days if this has helped.
    which webOS version?
    This happened to me with my first Verizon Pre 2 - lots of lock ups, TMC errors, and random resets- doctoring it did not help. I attributed it to faulty hardware, so I exchanged it, and the new one runs smooth. No issues what's so ever. If you have the opportunity to exchange it, do so.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Same issue here. Is there uberkernel availaible for the verizon pre 2?
  18.    #19  
    Installing the recovery kernal did not solve the problem like I was hoping it would. I called Verizon, and the tech support guy felt like my phone still had old cards open, although they did not show up on the screen. He asked me to fully erase my phone and start all over. I did this Tuesday night and haven't had the problem since. I'm not sure that is the solution, but I'm giving it a try. Verizon said if that did not fix the problem just to bring the phone back and they would replace it.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I have gotten the TMC error just once a couple of days ago. I have a Pre 2 (unlocked GSM) running WebOS 2.1 (upgraded from 2.0.1) with Preware (and a few tweaks, but not many). Normal apps running all the time (it is my work phone) - E-mail (Exchange) and Calendar. Both were running when I received the error. It has only happened once since I got the phone 4-6 weeks ago. Other than that it has worked well. Quick, responsive, smooth. Much nicer than my Pre Plus on AT&T which can be sluggish sometimes and I leave nothing running.

Last comment is that the Pre 2 runs rings around my work phone which was a Palm Treo 800w.
    My Palm History
    ---------------
    V -> Vx -> Treo 90 -> Tungsten E -> Centro -> Pre Plus -> Pre 2