1.    #1  
    I have blown my speaker n my Bell Pre- 3 times now and since there is no extra parts on ebay, I had to spend $100 for a whole new phone instead of 5 bucks for the speaker, so wondering if the Pre2 has a better or different speaker. If not. I'm not going buy the Pre2 cause my mp3 ringtones will probably blow it as well
    I read somewhere that the pre speaker needs to be broken in. Not sure if this is BS, or true. That posters instructions went something like this:

Pick a song that has a range of frequencies and put it on loop. Leave your volume around the medium level so that it isn't having trouble playing. Leave this playing overnight. Voila! your speaker is broken in.

Deffinitely OT from your OP, but wanted to let you know.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    from my experience going from a pre + to a pre 2, the speaker sound is a lot better and louder. not sure if its going from 1.4.5 to 2.0.1, and that adds speaker volume, or if it is a different speaker all together, ive never blown a speaker on a pre, but music and ringtones does sound better on the 2.
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    I have blown my speaker n my Bell Pre- 3 times now and since there is no extra parts on ebay, I had to spend $100 for a whole new phone instead of 5 bucks for the speaker, so wondering if the Pre2 has a better or different speaker. If not. I'm not going buy the Pre2 cause my mp3 ringtones will probably blow it as well
    You should've contacted me back then... I sold like several.
    Never had a pre minus, but I haven't had any speaker issues with the pre2, it sounds way better than my old treo pro, a bit better than an iPhone 4, but no where near as good as the Porsche Design p'9521 and the p'9522. even though, the speaker is still fairly decent.