Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I recently received my new, unlocked palm pre 2, and it has never shown the correct battery percentage in the drop down menu, usually says 86% or something similar, when the actual percentage is much less, but the icon in top corner shows something much more realistic.

I also seen that most threads say that the pre 2 takes around 2 minutes to start up, mine takes over 5, is it possible there is something wrong with the phone?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    did you upgrade to 2.1?
    try recalibrating your battery. might help.

http://www.precentral.net/dr-battery
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Yeah I upgraded to 2.1 via the OTA update, and there were a few problems with it, so I doctored straight to 2.1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    verizon Pre 2 running 2.0 here, mine does the same thing
    its always off a tiny bit because the level isn't very detailed for the little battery picture. But if you are off that much you should really get drBattery and recalibrate your battery. It has a process that runs it down to almost zero and then figures out your actual capacity as it recharges.

good activity when you are watching tv because you have to be right there to plug it before the battery is completely empty. So its best to start at the end of the day when your battery is almost empty, and you won't need it again until it is fully recharged.
    I swapped batteries (have 4 or 5) and will see if it does it with this battery as well. If not, then bat doc it is. Hey... If you doc a battery, and then swap batteries, will it remember which battery has been doctored or should I doctor everytime I swap batteries?
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    Hey... If you doc a battery, and then swap batteries, will it remember which battery has been doctored or should I doctor everytime I swap batteries?
    Yes, all infos are stored in the battery chip (inside the battery). Nothing in the device. No need to doctor after swapping.
    Last edited by somline; 03/22/2011 at 02:06 AM.