View Poll Results: Pre2 - Do You Use a Screen Protector

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 31.58%
  • No

13 68.42%
  1.    #1  
    Do you use a Screen Protector on your Pre2?
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/19/2011 at 09:47 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Definitely, always worth it! I hate having small scratches all over the display and it's hard to avoid even if you're careful...
    No. The Pre 2 has a Gorilla Glass screen. It will take a lot serious effort to scratch the screen.

Leave it naked and use the Pre 2 the way it was meant to be used.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    No. The Pre 2 has a Gorilla Glass screen. It will take a lot serious effort to scratch the screen.

Thanks!
    That's what I was hoping to hear.
    I know very little about the Pre's,
    and thought I read that the Pre2s had Gorilla glass.
    That's why I posted this thread here instead of Pre Accessories.
    after watching the Corning Gorilla Glass demo videos, I'll leave her naked, and if my pocket lint scratches her screen, I'll sue for false advertisement.
    I believe a screen protector is mandatory. My buddies gorilla glass is all scratched up... I recco for $10 pantomskinz made for the pre 2. You dont lost the glass feel and your pre 2 is safe!
    I've been using the Pre 2 for three weeks now. I normally carry it in my pocket with my wallet and earphones. This caused scratches on my Pre, but I still don't have scratches on my Pre 2. I clean smudges off the screen and it looks as good as new.

I would say a screen protector is not necessary.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post

Please do not listen this advice. Gorilla glass is not scratch proof. My Dell Streak has been scratched terribly by being in the same pocket as my keys.

I have a Pre2. Needless to say its always in its pouch.

Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Apologies. A screen protector may not be necessary. But a pouch/case is!! I like the feel of a glass screen. I protect it everytie though..

Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    My greasy little fingers always seem to smudge up my screen, with a screen protector from Skinomi there are no more smudges without any loss of touch sensitivity. Really a no lose situation for me at roughly $10.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    what ever benifit a screen protector would do to my phone would completely be pointless, i keep it in a pocket by itself, and the only damage would be from a box smashing it; as i work in a cold storage unloading trucks.
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
    I would suggest getting the screen protector... there is nothing to lose, except a few $, if you do.

I had a problem with screen protector for the Pre- because they just wouldn't stay on and it mad the phone ugly. This is not an issue any longer because of the flat screen and bezel.

This is something that baffles me why companies don't fix it. I mean you buy this awesome devices with a brilliant screen!... and then you put on this clear sticker that makes it not a smooth and pixelized just because you don't want it to be 'scratched'. Why? Because then you can't see the screen as well... "um, you just made it worse". Then why don't companies just build in a 'screen protector' that actually makes it better.

It really does not make sense. This is why I am hoping that gorilla glass will hold up to the wear and tear that every day use puts on phones. I HATE the idea of screen protectors. I personally do not have a Pre2 but will be getting a Pre3 which has a gorilla glass screen too. I had a protector on my Sprint Pre- and I eventually got a nice scratch on it but was worth having it there that to have a rubber screen.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    i keep a privacy screen protector on my phones -- i hate people looking in on my biz-ness they keep the smedges down as well -- with the gorilla glass i am considering taking the screen protector off but i do like my privacy
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Please do not listen this advice. Gorilla glass is not scratch proof. My Dell Streak has been scratched terribly by being in the same pocket as my keys.
    Having a Gorilla glass screen doesn't mean you shouldn't use common sense. Putting your phone in the same pocket as sharp metal keys is asking for trouble.

However, Gorilla glass is a lot more resistant to scratching than say the original Pre's plastic screen. I have used my Pre 2 for about 3 months now with no case (I store it in my front jean pocket), and have absolutely no scratches.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum