1.    #1  
    Had some time to kill on my lunch break today, so I thought I'd stroll by my local VZW store and see what was happening (because hanging out in cell phone stores is what I like to do in my free time). I struck up a conversation with this sales rep I recognized because he also works part time at Orange Julius in the mall, because I spend the rest of my free time in the mall food court. We were chatting about the latest in cell phones, and he annoyingly kept bringing up the iPhone. Wishing to shift the course of the conversation, I asked him how the Palm Pre 2 was doing, but he misunderstood and thought I asked how the Pompeii Zoo was doing. I replied that I didn't even think Pompeii had a zoo, but then I wouldn't know because I've never been to Greece. Astutely, he reminded me that Pompeii is actually in Italy, and not Greece. Fortunately, I HAVE been to Italy, but told him that sadly I didn't go to Pompeii, although all the food I had in Italy was great. He wondered if it was as good as Fazoli's, and I told him that obviously the food was better in Italy (except for the breadsticks...duh). With that the conversation kind of died out and I had to get back to work. So, just thought I'd pass along to everyone that the sales rep at my local VZW store didn't seem to know much about the Pre 2.

p.s. an Orange Julius and pepperoni cheese dog combo plate is on sale through next week.
    LoL. This is awesome.
    I too have been to Italy, but did not go to the Pompeii Zoo.
    You should have shown him the commercial with the guy at the piano singing "Palm Pre 2 with Just Type". Get that little tune stuck in his head and he won't confuse it with Pompeii zoo anytime soon.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    that sounds about right.. i walked in and asked the first lady i saw if there was a Palm Pre2 on display and she said, "you mean the iphone4?" you see how Pompeii zoo rhymes with iphone4 too, right?
    (Even though I already have a Pre 2) I walked in for the hell of it and asked if they had one on display or in stalk, and they knew what it was... Surprisingly... but instead they said, "Why don't you try our Android devices instead, their faster and have way better applications." and I replied, "Haha, thanks but I would rather die than use an Android device, nothing compares to webOS." She shut up.
    getting the feeling that neither the employees or carriers want to sell webos products - hence, no U.S. carrier announcement for upcoming products
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Local Verizon store has Palm Pre 2 available and on display. Store was too busy too ask a Verizon employee anything about it.
    my local store has the pre 2 on display btwn a blackberry and the droid 2.
    This is a hilarious story, plus well penned down Yankboy
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Had some time to kill on my lunch break today, so I thought I'd stroll by my local VZW store and see what was happening (because hanging out in cell phone stores is what I like to do in my free time). I struck up a conversation with this sales rep I recognized because he also works part time at Orange Julius in the mall, because I spend the rest of my free time in the mall food court. We were chatting about the latest in cell phones, and he annoyingly kept bringing up the iPhone. Wishing to shift the course of the conversation, I asked him how the Palm Pre 2 was doing, but he misunderstood and thought I asked how the Pompeii Zoo was doing. I replied that I didn't even think Pompeii had a zoo, but then I wouldn't know because I've never been to Greece. Astutely, he reminded me that Pompeii is actually in Italy, and not Greece. Fortunately, I HAVE been to Italy, but told him that sadly I didn't go to Pompeii, although all the food I had in Italy was great. He wondered if it was as good as Fazoli's, and I told him that obviously the food was better in Italy (except for the breadsticks...duh). With that the conversation kind of died out and I had to get back to work. So, just thought I'd pass along to everyone that the sales rep at my local VZW store didn't seem to know much about the Pre 2.

p.s. an Orange Julius and pepperoni cheese dog combo plate is on sale through next week.
    Ahhh crap that was funny.