1.    #1  
    What's the difference between the one you download from palm.com/rom after entering your s/n and the one found here:

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

When I download from palm.com/rom, it actually puts WebOS Doctor on my desktop that I can click on and run. When I download from the wiki, it puts a zipped file on my desktop, but doesn't give me anything to actually click on to run WebOS Doctor.
    one is just a pointer to the download, the other is the file. I always use the one from wosi because I can use it off-line.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    one is just a pointer to the download, the other is the file. I always use the one from wosi because I can use it off-line.
    hmmm...i can't figure out how to use the one from wosi. i just need something i can double-click on, haha. wosi just gives me a file folder with a bunch of files in it.
    What is the extension? .jar?
    If not, change it. Make sure you have java.com: Java + You installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    hmmm...i can't figure out how to use the one from wosi. i just need something i can double-click on, haha. wosi just gives me a file folder with a bunch of files in it.
    Woqi version 4 doesn't download the dr anymore.

The links in the Wiki are the same as the palm.com just minus the extra step for S/N

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    What is the extension? .jar?
    If not, change it. Make sure you have java.com: Java + You installed.
    ahhh...that trick again. wosi shows it as a .jar file, but it downloads to my desktop as a .zip file. just had to go in and change the file extension to .jar.
  7.    #7  
    Just trying to make sure I got the right version for the repair utility, but that doesn't seem to work on the Pre 2 yet.