Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    so i've had my pre 2 for about 2 weeks now, well, almost.

anyways, ive started to notice that maybe i got a lemon or something.

first, the slider sometimes doesnt open all the way. i would have to push it a bit more depending on how i opened the slider

second, i've noticed i get the odd missed keystroke, especially with the letter c.

third, it's very crunchy almost when typing. the backsplash (if u wanna call it that) on the keyboard can actually move if i press down on it, as well as the back cover.

can anyone report if they see these issues as well?
    sounds like you have some pocket lint in there.

I have no complaints with mine. Dropped it on the sidewalk yesterday, not a problem. Mu pre+ would have shattered.
    definitely sounds like a lemon

mine doesn't have any of those issues
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    sounds like you have some pocket lint in there.

I have no complaints with mine. Dropped it on the sidewalk yesterday, not a problem. Mu pre+ would have shattered.
    haha nah couldn't have any lint.. i atually haven't put this in my pocket at all.. just put it in that pouch we got with our original pre"s and carry it in my hand.

also i've dropped my original pre on cement a few times and it was fine.. not even a crack on it.. so couldn't complain about that one.
  5.    #5  
    oh
    also, my battery life seems to have gotten way worse than my pre on 1.4.5 as well. if i'm using my phone i'll burn through quite a bit of battery
    I would have it exchanged only if it is a serious issue from your point of view or if it will drive you nuts.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  7.    #7  
    ya that's what it does, especially when i'm in a room where it's really quite.. and you hear is this basically plastic squeaking noise
    wonder how many 'refurbs' they have on call?
    I have a tiny bit of oreo, and the screen is askew to the left so the right edge is visible.
    My Pre 2 can have a bit of the bottom right side exposed only if it moves that way, I guess you could say it has a small oreo. I don't care, it's not as bad as my original Pre.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    You probably have a bad Pre 2. I don't have any of those keyboard issues you described, and the battery life on my Pre 2 smashes what I had on my Pre minus. I can get through a full day without having to recharge, and I can play Angry Birds without having to obsess about how much it drains the battery. Battery life is so much better on the Pre 2.
    None of those issues with the Gsm Pre2 here.
    Mine is better than my old HTC phones, which, by the way, were TANKS.
  14.    #14  
    well there's no oreo effect. I never had that on my original pre.

its the looseness of the back cover and when I press down on the keyboard. Also sometimes it does miss a keystroke.

its no biggie just annoying. I'll prob go get it exchanged since devices are bound to have the odd lemon
  15.    #15  
    does anyone find that the radio in palm phones are generally weaker for reception than say a blackberry?
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    does anyone find that the radio in palm phones are generally weaker for reception than say a blackberry?
    On which device specifically (both Palm and RIM).

I also think it is very hard to verify this. Remember that the iPhone signal strength indicator as an example was inaccurately reporting better signal strength for a long time - so unless you are using a controlled test lab it would be hard to make claims.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    On which device specifically (both Palm and RIM).

I also think it is very hard to verify this. Remember that the iPhone signal strength indicator as an example was inaccurately reporting better signal strength for a long time - so unless you are using a controlled test lab it would be hard to make claims.
    Hmm true about the iPhone.

But with the Pre 2, I had it next to a bb last night same location and mine seemed weaker than the BB
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    Hmm true about the iPhone.

But with the Pre 2, I had it next to a bb last night same location and mine seemed weaker than the BB
    This may belong in another thread - perhaps the one about general complaints? This thread is supposed to be about "build quality" which to me doesn't include this unless perhaps it varies across different devices quite a bit.
    I've had 2 new Pre2s through Verizon and they both had a more-than-minor oreo effect right out of the box (without me using it at all). I'm thinking they will address this with the flat design of the Pre3.
    ditto, oreo outta the box. Oh well. I'll live.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast