Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It's because HP now contracts the making of the WebOS devices. Going off of the horrendous quality of EVERY computer they make, we're in for a rough ride until they finally license WebOS to other manufacturers.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Going off of the horrendous quality of EVERY computer they make, we're in for a rough ride until they finally license WebOS to other manufacturers.
    You know I bought an HP laptop around Christmas time 2010 and the build quality on it is stellar. It's not an Envy model, either.. it's one of those 7000 series 17" models with the aluminum bodies. It's solid, works well, fast.. no issues with it whatsoever.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Dropped my Pre- one day and the screen flew off (I have cracks from dropping it before on the top by the mirror) the slider still was on it (the mirror) apparently the screen houseing etc is anchored by the metal mirror part - took it into sprint and they fixed it (did not get a new houseing bc they didnt have any- but 'next time' they will totaly refurb it themselves or get a new one) - the slider is now better than stock.

My Pre2 arrives BNIB tomrrow- hope its as solid as all the demo models I have messed with in Verizon stores- they have all been quite nice.

Also, wife had a DV7 laptop- awsome 'build' quality- bad heat management (ref classaction suit) got her a toshiba...she hates the sound quality... risked it with HP- got my mom a custom made (mostly for the 7200rpm drive) intro level 17" laptop- very solid build and far far far better sound then the toshibas poo poo speakers
    Last edited by xadion; 06/29/2011 at 01:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bergeronjc View Post
    It's because HP now contracts the making of the WebOS devices. Going off of the horrendous quality of EVERY computer they make, we're in for a rough ride until they finally license WebOS to other manufacturers.
    I'm guessing that you have not interacted with every computer HP makes. My personal experience is that my last two notebooks -- both by HP -- have been great.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I work for a company that has an exclusive contract with HP for laptops, desktops, and servers. They blow the socks off the Dells we used to use. HP servers are the best I've used - much better than IBM or Dell - and I love their laptops. Our failure rates dropped dramatically once we were a 100% HP shop vs. when we were 100% Dell.

Not a small company, either - we have somewhere in the neighborhood of 20,000 laptops and 150,000 desktops nationwide - all HP. Very happy customers.
    I got my Pre 2 factory unlocked and new from Amazon on Saturday and only just noticed a scracth on that top right section on the keypad area from the slider. Don't know if that's a 'lemon' niether or normal :S
    SB =================================================================
    Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    I work for a company that has an exclusive contract with HP for laptops, desktops, and servers. They blow the socks off the Dells we used to use. HP servers are the best I've used - much better than IBM or Dell - and I love their laptops. Our failure rates dropped dramatically once we were a 100% HP shop vs. when we were 100% Dell.

Not a small company, either - we have somewhere in the neighborhood of 20,000 laptops and 150,000 desktops nationwide - all HP. Very happy customers.
    Business grade HP gear is pretty solid. Their cheap stuff, not so much. Dell sells garbage.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123