Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    GSM here, At first it felt strides ahead of my Pre+. Over the weeks it changed towards the center of the keyboard (keys "t" and surrounding) have felt more Pre+ish and less Pre2/Veerish.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    i got the oreo as well, mainly noticible when closed, the screen is askew to the left a hair. im gonna live with it till i can get the pre 3, or it gets really worse, then im gonna have it exchanged.
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
    a little looseness is expected. Oreo meant that the two halves could almost be twisted apart.
    My doesn't even wiggle 1/64"
    I'd say mine is solid.
    Just call me Berd.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    a little looseness is expected. Oreo meant that the two halves could almost be twisted apart.
    Yea I'm beginning to think that people think any form of movement is "oreo"...

sliders are supposed to have a small amount of give, this way you don't snap it
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post

i know a little looseness, and a little wobble when closed are normal, im more worried that in this post, three or four people are saying they have the same problem; namely the screen when closed is askew a little to the left. i have my pre plus here and it assuredly doesnt do this; but the screen does have a little wiggle. maybe we just got defective phones, though i dont remember mine doing till recently, i dont know. i hope so though.
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by keeb119 View Post
    i know a little looseness, and a little wobble when closed are normal, im more worried that in this post, three or four people are saying they have the same problem; namely the screen when closed is askew a little to the left. i have my pre plus here and it assuredly doesnt do this; but the screen does have a little wiggle. maybe we just got defective phones, though i dont remember mine doing till recently, i dont know. i hope so though.
    ah well there's bound to be defective units in any form of production, no mater what device it is.

I never had the oreo issue in my original pre, so i'm not exactly sure what signs to look for to worry about it.

i worry more or less about the keyboard being able to handle the durability.. my last device i noticed certain keys got worn out, specifically the space bar
    Quote Originally Posted by keeb119 View Post
    i got the oreo as well, mainly noticible when closed, the screen is askew to the left a hair. Im gonna live with it till i can get the pre 3, or it gets really worse, then im gonna have it exchanged.
    oh my god im not the only one
    no, mine does not feel like its going to twist apart, but it certainly has more 'wiggle' than my pre+...
    Very little play in mine or my wife's Pre2. I'm very pleased with the build quality so far.
    even though I've kept it in my original Pre leather microfiber whatever case, I have a nice scratch in the middle of the screen now. Way to go Gorilla Glass... Boo.
    Return it. Mine is rock solid.
    return it and get a refurb because of 1 scratch? God only know what will be wrong with the refurb then... But yes, I am very angry because of this right now.
    Refurbs should be as good or better than new. refurb doesn't mean old and broken, it means as good as new.

Lord knows I've had enough Pre+ refurbs, and they are always perfect or I make them send another. Haven't had to replace a Pre2 yet... but I would expect a refurb to be perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post

....this!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Apart from the oreo thing, what is considered normal wobble?

When I look it from the right side (the usb port side) it seems there is a smaller gap between the sliding screen and the battery than when I look it from the left side (the volume keys side).
    Can someone confirm that this gap is the same in their phones in both sides ?(I'm not talking about a huge difference, but an obvious one if you pay attention)
    Also it seems that the left side is a lit more wobbly than the right one. It's not an oreo, but for example: if I hold the phone screen with my index on the right top and thumb on the right bottom it doesn't move, if I do this on the left side, the screen part moves a bit.

I just want to know if this is all normal or not. It's not that you cannot use the phone or anything, but the general feel of the phone is not very solid. When you hold it firmly things are better.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I got my Pre 2 last week and it has a slight wiggle to it. Almost seems like the top half is a little larger than the bottom half...
    Phone is beginning to feel a little cheap, compared to my old Pre+ which had ZERO wiggle at all, even to it's dying breath. My guess is that they just threw on a much heavier screen on top of the same build we've known and sometimes it just wiggles due to it. I dunno.
    sorry to hear about these issues...i must have gotten the super pre-... Some problems but no oreo or keyboard problems...i chat and text..post and play throw it in my pocket with my fat dog sitting on it...yes it's beat up quite a bit...but nothing I can't live with...well I could do without the scratches...gets in the way of my **** shots
    Build quality is better. Battery life is much better. Slight oreo but I think its built in. My reception at home is not as good as Sprint's, so I did get a vzw replacement. Slight improvement, no dropped calls. I am very pleased with the phone.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    All sliders seem to have a little wiggle. That's not the oreo effect.

This is the oreo effect. A little wiggling isn't an issue. And all sliders will wiggle a little if you try "looking" for the oreo effect.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast