Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Anyone having issues with this on their Pre 2?

This was an issue I had with the original Pre until they started putting little foam reinforcements above the battery to hold it in place better. It's super annoying to be happening on the Pre 2. I've stuck some electrical tape above the battery to make it fit tighter but it's still doing this maybe once a day. I'll try another battery and see if still happens.
    ive never had this issue, though if your slamming the slider shut im pretty sure the phone will go off, if not end up breaking. I say this because I used to see people slamming their pre shut and complain about it ending up with a oreo effect, or shorting out. Again Ive had a launch day pre (which I sold in very good condition 6 months ago) and now a Pre Plus converted to sprint 2.1 and have never had this issue.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I don't slam it shut and never did with the original Pre. I only had this issue with one of the first Pres I had (out of about 6). It happens randomly and is quite annoying. I can't replicate it either by trying to slam it shut.
    ok i was just saying if you were, because thats the only time I used to hear the phone reseting on its own. Then you most likely have a faulty device (wireing loose inside) I would return/exhange for a new one.
    if you're still under warranty i'd suggest sending it back
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Ha. I don't think warranties apply here. Free Dev phone from HP!
    Maybe a different battery will help.
    A different battery might. Or add a piece of foam or paper so the battery clicks in more snug.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Or add a piece of foam or paper so the battery clicks in more snug.
    Used electrical tape and made it very tight. Still occurred.
    are you using mode switcher? It can be set to do this, so this may just be a mode setting that you didn't intend to set. I had this happen to me a few weeks ago, and noticed that it only happened after I started installing all my favorite homebrew...
    Should still have a warranty. Contact HP regardless.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    are you using mode switcher? It can be set to do this, so this may just be a mode setting that you didn't intend to set. I had this happen to me a few weeks ago, and noticed that it only happened after I started installing all my favorite homebrew...
    Unfortunately no, I'm not familiar with Mode Switcher.
    Then you need to jam some foam around the battery to make sure it isn't loose. If it still does it, you should call your carrier about repair/replacement. If you have an extra battery, see if that makes a difference. After Palm redesigned the original battery way back in mid-2009, this should not be a problem.

Ps, you should check out mode switcher, etc. cool stuff
    This happened to my Pre as well. Cleaned the battery contacts with rubbing alcohol, both on the phone and on the battery. Problem solved.