1.    #1  
    Hey folks,

I just got my pre 2 today and signed in to the palm profile and everything is working swimmingly... Except all of my contact images aren't there. Not even the facebook linked contacts.

Any ideas?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    where are your contacts stored? Palm profile? Also, where did you store the pics? Did you copy that folder to the new phone? Also, what happens when you switch the facebook entry to be the 'primary' contact.

I had similar issues but less because I manage contact pics in outlook wherever possible.

also, remember that the call log in the dialer isn't dynamic so adding a pic won't show up in the dialer call history until you call them after adding the photo.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    im having the same problem, most of my contacts are from facebook, so i know it should automatically add there profile picture. and my contacts are saved on my palm profile.
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
    If the pics are from an online account variant like facebook then that data is stored from there. Open the contact and try to set the facebook variant as primary profile to see if the thumbnail pic shows on the device.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by keeb119 View Post
    im having the same problem, most of my contacts are from facebook, so i know it should automatically add there profile picture. and my contacts are saved on my palm profile.
    in 1.4x it defaulted to the fb profile. In 2.x it appears not to. Try the suggetion above to see if the fb profile is no longer the primary. If it is, switch to a different profile and then Switch it back to see if the picture appears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    in 1.4x it defaulted to the fb profile. In 2.x it appears not to. Try the suggetion above to see if the fb profile is no longer the primary. If it is, switch to a different profile and then Switch it back to see if the picture appears.
    Yeah a flip flop will work too. Same thing happens on my webos 2 device.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  7.    #7  
    I removed the facebook account and then added it again and all is well!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I'm having this same problem on my new Pre 2. The old trick of changing the primary profile is NOT working. The contact picture behavior is all-around flakey (IE, it will be missing in the main messaging app where your chat threads are listed, but when you enter the thread it appears in there next to the individual messages).

They also appear to come and go, more or less at random.

Most of these are through Facebook, but I have LinkedIn contacts that appear to be doing the same.

I'm in the process of (hopefully) removing the Facebook account now to re-add it and see if that works. However, the little circle has been spinning a LONG time so I'm not sure what's up with that. How long should that take? I have about 1050 contacts there.