1.    #1  
    noticed a new problem the last few days with my sprintified pre 2 (post 2.1 OTA). It seems I'm not receiving a large number of my sms messages until I go into and out of airplane mode or restart my phone. Anyone else experiencing this? Suggestions? If I were to doctor my phone, which doctor do I use?
    do you have an airrave? If you do its the airrave...not the pre2
    Using Airwave too but don't get these issues with my Sprint Pre 2. Could try to power cycle the airwave, take note of its 40min bootup, and try again. Usually I'd say update the PRL but that aint working with the metadoc builds.

If you do doctor the phone, you MUST use the SAME metadoctor build you used to frankenpre that phone.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by ksfireman82 View Post
    noticed a new problem the last few days with my sprintified pre 2 (post 2.1 OTA). It seems I'm not receiving a large number of my sms messages until I go into and out of airplane mode or restart my phone. Anyone else experiencing this? Suggestions? If I were to doctor my phone, which doctor do I use?

I had this issue over the weekend, I missed a bunch of texts, & did not get them until after I did a reset. So far, it's only happened once. Not sure what to do about it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    If you do doctor the phone, you MUST use the SAME metadoctor build you used to frankenpre that phone.
    Actually that isn't necessary. The only purpose of the meta dr. is to update the CDMA firmware in the comm board. After the initial meta dr. you only need to run the stock dr. for your device.

Unlocked GSM Pre 2 = WR Pre 2 Dr
    Verizon Pre 2 = Verizon Pre 2 Dr

Every subsequent Dr. simply should be the stock Dr. until an updated OS requires updated modem firmware. Then we will have to figure it out again.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  6.    #6  
    No Airave here.

I have been getting hit and miss sms's. Somtimes they work great, other times I have to reset. I did call sprint and talked to them and the Tech Support guy mentioned that it's most likely a network issue and not the phone. Suggested waiting a few days to see what happens.

As for the doctoring....so I need to use the exact meta build I used originally? I shouldn't remake the metadr now that there is a 2.1 Sprint Pre 2 script available?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Actually that isn't necessary. The only purpose of the meta dr. is to update the CDMA firmware in the comm board. After the initial meta dr. you only need to run the stock dr. for your device.

Unlocked GSM Pre 2 = WR Pre 2 Dr
    Verizon Pre 2 = Verizon Pre 2 Dr

Every subsequent Dr. simply should be the stock Dr. until an updated OS requires updated modem firmware. Then we will have to figure it out again.
    Ah, thanks...you were answering this at the exact same time I posted my other response.
  8.    #8  
    Well, tried the generic pre 2 gsm webos doctor straight to 2.1 and it doctored fine but I'm having the same sms issues. Any ideas?