1.    #1  
    I just got my verizon pre 2 today. I'm needing help with two things.

1. Is there a simple and easy way to tether internet without having to pay the 20 a month to verizon?

2. I've been trying to install preware and each time I connect the phone, click the blue arrow it acts like my phone is not connected via the usb cable. I have the phone in dev mod, the phone is connected and I've selected "Just charge". Any ideas on what's up.

Thanks in advance.
    For your second problem try restarting the phone it works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dr sharp View Post

1. Is there a simple and easy way to tether internet without having to pay the 20 a month to verizon?
    Freetether. Though i'm not sure that it is 2.x compatible yet. FreeTether brings WiFi, USB, and Bluetooth Tethering to all webOS devices | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

Edit: Also, for your second question, are you following this wiki: http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:Preware? Because you should be...
    Last edited by NickVTPre; 03/14/2011 at 08:52 PM. Reason: added link
    Freetether works on my Pre 2.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by dr sharp View Post

2. I've been trying to install preware and each time I connect the phone, click the blue arrow it acts like my phone is not connected via the usb cable. I have the phone in dev mod, the phone is connected and I've selected "Just charge". Any ideas on what's up.

Thanks in advance.
    1. Oh oh freeTeather! Disclaimer no one can gurantee of the carrier catches you doing this with not plan on acct

2. Do you have novacomm.exe running in the task manager? If not, run the webos doctor on the computer and cancel it at the point it wants you to connect the pre to the PC. After its canceled out, try to install preware again. Im assuming you are using the exe from get.preware.org????
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....