1.    #1  
    unable to change palm profile in accounts!
    Can you clarify what you are trying to do? You can't remove the palm profile, but you can make a different account the default in each app.
  3.    #3  
    i am not able to toggle through the options!

such as messaging,contacts...etc.!
    and even not able to edit the palm profile!
    My pre 2 is activated!
    still not clear. If you have other accounts syncing with the phone, go in to each app and select an alternate to your palm profile as the default for each app. The palm profile has to remain associated with the phone to manage backups, app purchases, etc.

but that doesn't mean you have to put info in to your profile.

what specifically are you trying to do? In the account app you can't do anything to the profile.
  5.    #5  
    yes i am not able to do anything!
    in that app you aren t supposed to be able to do any thing. If you tell us what specifically you want to accomplish, I am sure we can help you very easily.
    I don't think you can turn off backup/sync features on your palm profile like you can for facebook and google etc.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    you can absolutely turn backup off, but its a really bad idea. That is NEVER recommended.
    I mean the separate options in the accounts app and in the palm profile selection.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    you cannot remove the profile, and there is no need to. Keep your contacts and calendar in gmail, rocketmail, etc.

the profile is there for palm to manage your catalog, backup schedule, etc.

why are you wanting to change it?
  11.    #11  
    i thought there's something wrong with it!.
    dont care now!