Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a developer Pre 2 with 2.1 on AT&T. Although I have a few patches installed, I noticed this behavior before I even put it in dev mode, I ran stock for a few days to baseline the phone...

I've noticed it using Feeder, exiting the phone app and exiting the email app. All total maybe 6 times in the last 2 weeks. The phone appears to go through a Luna restart, I'm assuming it isn't a full reset because it takes less than a minute to get the screen back.

I don't keep lots of cards open, and I ran through the diagnostic tests.

Anyone else seeing this sort of behavior?
    Kookaroo, the Roku remote for webOS
    Amtrak Commuter, Check your Train schedule
    GPortal Google shortcuts for Google Plus, Google Voice, Google Tasks and other Google Services
    SiteStatus and SiteStatusPro website monitoring tools for webOS
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I have the same behavior since getting the developer pre2 (European GSM).
    Random luna resets, even on a stock device with an empty profile. Sometimes the device hangs altogether.

Luna resets occurs even without me touching the device.

I have sent the device for repair to the UK but they did nothing.

I think I will just wait for the pre3, but it is surely annoying.
    Pilot 1000> Palm Pilot Personal> Palm III >Palm V> Palm Vx> Palm m505> Palm m515> Tungsten T> Tungsten T2> Tungsten T3> Treo 680> Palm Pre> Pre2> Pre3+Touchpad 32GB
    Happening to me too.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    My [Sprint] Pre 2 has been perfect. No random luna restarts or anything. Have you looked a JStop and maybe see what's running when it restarts?
    Sprint Love
    No random luna restarts at all here on an unlocked Pre 2 on AT&T. Heavy Feeder user here as well.
    I've never had luna restarts when it was only a Pre 2 and now that it is a Sprint Pre 2, and Feeder is one of my most used apps.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Maybe its affecting European gsm Pre2's only ?
    I get random restarts constantly. esp since upgrade to 2.1. Got so bad I wiped it, didn't help.

EDIT: Have unlocked GSM Pre 2 in US on ATT
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I had the same issue with my unlocked at&t Pre 2. Wasted half a day on the phone, but HP overnighted me a new one. No issues now.
    I get this problem with my Verizon Pre 2, but not with my Unlocked GSM Pre 2. Definitely not carrier specific, I don't think.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ~ Follow me on Twitter ~
    I has happened to me several times on my unlocked GSM Pre 2 on ATT. It happened twice last week in my car -- phone in purse, voice-activated Sync informed me the bluetooth had disconnected. The first time I stopped and looked at my phone. It was rebooting.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    it happened to me once, that im aware of. phone stays in pocket most of the time with no apps. only slightly annoying.
    samsung i730 - blackberry storm- palm pre plus - samsung omnia - palm pre plus - palm pre 2 - ????

i refuse to buy anything apple with there asinine standards, especially when theres a perfectly good standard that everybody else is using. bah.
    Happens to me on my 2nd Unlocked Pre2, anyone know how to troubleshoot this?
    Could it be related to some memory leak?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Could it be related to some memory leak?
    I just found this in another thread that should be merged with this one:

http://forums.precentral.net/2813680-post9.html
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I get them frequently on my Sprint GSM FrankenPre. Happens with different apps. I do have it heavily patched tho.
    I am having this issue on my brand new Verizon Pre 2. I dont know what the deal is.... kind of annoying. I don't wanna doctor it because i only just got it and spent hours setting it up.

I love the device.... that's the only gripe I have about it. Unfortunately, its pretty major. Has done it to me about 4 times today.
    And now it just froze up on me while on a call... hmmmm something fishy here.
    happens all the time for me..vzw pre 2. Mostly when I use the phone heavily.. Or right after sending a tweet in carbon...lol weird.
    Sounds like a voltage issue if it is happening during high use, or with phone calls. I would use govnah to bump up your voltages a bit.

Update: if it is only luna i take back my comment. Voltage issues would cause a phone reboot, not just luna.
    Last edited by NickVTPre; 05/04/2011 at 12:38 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast