1.    #1  
    I have a strange situation with the voice call, when I point a phone number to call, no problem, but when I pronounce the name of the phone can not ever find me names associated and returns an error message....that happens to other?
    I can't get it to recognize any names either.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    for me, its figuring out how to pronounce the name the way the phone expects. I have to mispronounce my own last name... What they really need is to have a nickname, at least for favorites. IMHO
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    for me, its figuring out how to pronounce the name the way the phone expects. I have to mispronounce my own last name... What they really need is to have a nickname, at least for favorites. IMHO
    Yea I thought of that yesterday using my sprint Pre... I set a nickname fully expecting the voicedial app to see that... alas fail...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    One century ago I owned a RAZR which could do this way better than a Pre on 2nd gen fw.
    Voice dial is working fine for me as long as I don't muffle the mic hole but these are names that any voice dial app should get. Gonna try others later on to see if it borks on those.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Voice dialing is working for me too except when using Bluetooth in which it seems to get everything wrong. However, I've had this problem with other phones too so it's no worse. It's a shame you can't add voice tags to contacts for the most important ones to ensure that it's gets the recognition correct. My Nokia used to do that.

Richard