1.    #1  
    Is it any better than the VZW Pre+? Is it more clicky? Not a fan of the mushy keyboard.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    its better, the best thing i can say to do, it try it at a verizon store. hopefully the pre3 will be even better, and from early reports it is. of course those were pre-pro models.
    Mine's pretty clicky.
    The keyboard is definitely better. For some reason my key-presses don't always register though, and I may need to click twice to get a letter to appear (like the 'g' in 'get' just now). But besides that very random and possibly user-caused annoyance, it's much better than the Pre+.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ~ Follow me on Twitter ~
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    I am loving the keyboard on the Pre 2 (I came from a launch day Sprint Pre). It has not missed or doubled a keystroke yet! Now I can type freely without constantly glancing at the screen.
    its pretty much identical to the Pre+. Definitely good enough. I have started to get a little of the plastic creaking sound. Got to figure out where I can jam a business card to silence that. But my pre+ does it too, I just haven't been bothered to figure out what causes it - I'm sure something isn't seated or tightened properly.

slider is just fine. There will always be a minute amount of play so the keyboard can slide, but it's not the oreo issue that was in the original.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    its pretty much identical to the Pre+. Definitely good enough. I have started to get a little of the plastic creaking sound. Got to figure out where I can jam a business card to silence that. But my pre+ does it too, I just haven't been bothered to figure out what causes it - I'm sure something isn't seated or tightened properly.

slider is just fine. There will always be a minute amount of play so the keyboard can slide, but it's not the oreo issue that was in the original.
    Fortunately mine has been very solid so far, no creaks. I fixed that problem on my old Pre with a small stick-on felt pad in the corner under the battery cover.
    ah, I will try that. Thanks for the tip. I only here it when there isn't any ambient noise - which is rare in my house.